Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

directionals

Okay guys, excuse me if this subject has just been brought up, I've not been lurking or posting since I moved to san diego so....The other day my directionals decided to give. I can move them up an down an the directional comes on outside an stays on so I have to move her up an down(to make them appear as if they are working fine) so folks can see where I want to move but it's real annoying changing lanes like this, I need here to work right again. I check the fuses, no problem, bulbs are fine to. I took off the steering wheel an tries to get at the directional handle but couldn't figure it out, the haines book pic of the plate is different than mine (85 1/2.) I tried to take a wire brush in there an get off any corrison but to no avail. any suggestions? Thanks alot.

brian

p.s. I also notice that the green light doesn't stay on when the outside light is on. Sometimes it blinks like once or twice then just a solid light outside.
Old 08-09-2004, 06:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Makenzie71 Send a message via Yahoo to Makenzie71
Your turn signals are controlled by a relay. Find the relay and get a new one. If it's the propper type you may be able to use the generic $5 one at wal mart as a replacement.

the "baby" that comes first...
Old 08-09-2004, 06:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

it may just not be firmly seated which was the case with mine.

Makes sure its pushed in properly.

"Don't listen to me, I dont know what i'm talking about"
Old 08-09-2004, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Definitely the relay. I had the same exact problem and replaced mine recently and it's been working flawlessly ever since.
-Koni Yellow Sport Adjustable struts and shocks
-225 lb springs up front

Cleaned grounds = happy 944
WTB: 951 black passenger door/fender
Old 08-09-2004, 09:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

You can get the generic relay, but I don't know about 5 bucks. Maybe a thermal one for $5, but an electronic one will be around $10, and you want to go electronic. I had a thermal one actually catch on fire on me.

Make sure you match the numbers on the leg posts of the old relay (there are several different wiring schemes in this type of relay) and don't get a heavy duty one designed for pulling trailers. Because your turnsignal bulb load will be too light the heavy duty relay will think you have a burned out bulb and go into the fast blink mode. That should do it.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Thanks a million guys, should have thought about a relay, always forget about those. silly rabbit.

b
Old 08-10-2004, 08:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: