Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Porsche Crest 944 NA with Turbo Bumper Upgrade?

I am in the process of trying to figure the best way to go with my front end of an 88na. I have 924 Turbo header panel which looks great, but and also considering the Turbo Bumper...There seems to be a lot of aftermarket stuff out there that bolts in (mostly fiberglass)...has anyone done anything like this? Did you use aftermarket or an OE Turbo bumper for the conversion?
MSD Ingnition System
Zimmerman XDrilled Frt/Rear
BB Headers & Cat Back Exhaust
Mass Flow Air w/ Ingen Technology
Nology Pro Fire Wires & Coil
Millie Cup Wheels and Kuma's
Old 08-10-2004, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Makenzie71 Send a message via Yahoo to Makenzie71
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/search.php

Most people use OEM parts, which will run you nearly $1000 for good condition stuff if you can't find a person to buy it all from at once. You'll need (from my gathering) the fenders, bumper, and headlight covers.

the "baby" that comes first...
Old 08-10-2004, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Send a message via AIM to Frank B
the fenders on a turbo are different than an N/A and just slamming on a turbo may not be a reality, research this before you spend any greenbacks.
Frank B
Old 08-10-2004, 06:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I was planning this 2 as have been offered an oem (off an S2) bumper & fenders. Makenzie what do you mean by headlight covers - The painted parts off the popups or the indicator/fog light glass?
Old 08-11-2004, 01:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

The painted parts off the popups
Old 08-11-2004, 03:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Frank and Mackenzie are right, the turbo bumper means new fenders too. IMO ...Although I like the turbo very much, I'm not a big fan of making something look like something it isn't. Instead of making a fake turbo, I would propose making your N/A unique and true to itself. Maybe experiment a little by modifying your bumper with some customizing work. I am planning to convert to a euro spec bumper soon (already have it in the garage) which is a nice and true alternative. The sky's the limit!!!
Old 08-11-2004, 09:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
BTW Allporsche944.....what color is your car?
Old 08-11-2004, 09:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

making your car "Look" like something it isn't?... well, if you go down that road, then you have "other" issues my friend. Putting on heirs is a deep rooted psychological problem get help yesterday.
Besides, I don't really think anyone on this planet gives a rats a$$ whether you're driving a turbo or an N/A. YOu'll be impressing nobody.
If you like deluding yourself, buy an old mustang and pretend it's a boss 302.
Don't ruin a cool Porsche, there aren't many left for people to love as they are.
Not trying to be mean, but hey you're asking the wrong group of people for support on fronting something that you're not.
Hope I've helped as always..

Frank B
Old 08-11-2004, 11:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

check out gt-racing.com. They have a "Turbo style" front bumpoer for a 944. You can get it in fiberglass or carbon fiber.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gearhead290
And again, AllPorsche asks another question that has been discussed many of times.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to bluebullet
**** the turbo conversion..im just gettin a European bumper and putting some HIDs in the lights...so im gonna steal this thread...does anyone know if the european bumper is straight bolt on?
Old 08-11-2004, 08:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Bluebullet-

I asked the same question recently and was told that there's a slight modification at the mount. I'll look for the email and forward it to you.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Hmm points a bit non valid as I'm in Europe and my front is already euro-spec and I fancy a face lift hence going for 951 bumper change, don't see what wrong with that. I'm not trying to fool anyone into thinking it is a turbo..........putting a turbo badge on is a different matter ;-). Also I was sure you didn't have to change the painted parts on the pop-up lights?!
Old 08-12-2004, 01:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
also just noticed "skies the limit" what euro, turbo or US spec! then what........ some real nice ricer mail order stuff that belongs on a Civic!
Old 08-12-2004, 01:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

anyone have info on the euro bumper being legal for inspections?
There's a reason why we have bumper car bumper cars on our models.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
OKAY...So instead of upgrading the front of my (Azure Blur) Dark Blue 88na with a turbo bumper, I will go with an S2 Bumper..lol...By the way Gearhead...Isn't there a nice Honda or Mazda forum you would much perfer to enlighten there members with the "search" feature?...I am sure there are a lot of 16 year olds and not 30 year olds there who would love the benefit of your tutilage!

....Of interest...Although no one answered the question that I intally asked...everyone was helpfull and insightfull...Thanks
MSD Ingnition System
Zimmerman XDrilled Frt/Rear
BB Headers & Cat Back Exhaust
Mass Flow Air w/ Ingen Technology
Nology Pro Fire Wires & Coil
Millie Cup Wheels and Kuma's
Old 08-12-2004, 08:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
entertaining the idea

Garage
Am I the only one who appreciates the US na front bumper? I like the look, especially after the front bumpers have been polished to a high gloss

a well set-up 1983 Guards Red 944
Old 08-12-2004, 08:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

I prefer the NA body 100% more than the turbo body... the turbo is too....round looking?
Old 08-12-2004, 08:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
they used to call the 951 the 'coke bottle' body back in the late 80's.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

All Porsche
Gearhead has been around for a long long time, don't bash him just because he's right.
You can search the forum for alot of the common questions and review the discussions regarding the usual questions.
Frank B
Old 08-13-2004, 03:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: