Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to Makenzie71 Send a message via Yahoo to Makenzie71
Tell me this poopy isn't cool...

and here we go...

the "baby" that comes first...
Old 08-10-2004, 06:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Send a message via AIM to Frank B
it would be cooler if there was a sillouette of a juggy eclipsing the sun..
try harder next time
Frank B
Old 08-10-2004, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

damn I love that last pic...

Old 08-10-2004, 09:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Very interesting headlights you got there.
996 GT3 4 Liter - Basalt Black - gone
Old 08-10-2004, 09:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

they're not headlights. They're my "turn your ****ing brights off before I remove your retinas from 1000yds" lights.

Old 08-10-2004, 09:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
All i keep thinking is...

*chirp* *chirp* *chirp* *chirp* *chirp* *chirp* *chirp* *chirp* *chirp* *chirp* *chirp* *chirp* *chirp*

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 08-10-2004, 10:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Thinking of that...

Earlier today while driving ridiculously fast down an old low-traffic highway, I hit a meadowlark...about the size of your average dove. Caught it right in the driver's side bumper cavety at around 100mph. Made a real mess...bird slop all over the inside of my bumper. My thoughts of turning these caveties into ram-air ducts were promptly dismissed...

Old 08-10-2004, 10:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to bluebullet
i wacked a seagull at 120mph (all i know is i was somewhere north of 5000 rpm) on the oceanpkwy. I got really lucky and it wacked the pushed in side of my bumper..and it hit nowhere else...it flew over the car, and almost landed inside (had the sunroof off) but it fell behind me thank god. No other damage to the car besides a cracked turn signal..and some chipped paint from something thats going to get repainted neways..
Old 08-10-2004, 11:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
"mine mine mine mine mine mine mine OOOOOOOF!"
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 08-11-2004, 05:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Quote: Caught it right in the driver's side bumper cavety at around 100mph. Made a real mess...bird slop all over the inside of my bumper. My thoughts of turning these caveties into ram-air ducts were promptly dismissed...

Cavity Cavities
pancaked a birdie @ 100 mph?. and you didn't crash?.. hmmm.. you must be pretty amazing driver.
Ram air?.. for what the brakes? or air intake.. no point in doing that.
having an ugly ( my opinion) set of F.U. lights as accessories on your front end is asking for trouble, you never know when that trucker you just toasted with your super brights will make a U-turn chase you down and activate your dental plan.
a better way to handle people who use their high beams ( usually people who can't see all that well, like old folks... excersize some compassion maybe?) is to politely flick them back with your brights.
Frank B
Old 08-11-2004, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

if you lived in a city, those lights would be smashed immediately someone paralleled parked in front of you.

944 Turbo 5-spd, Black, 1987-present
70k miles
Old 08-11-2004, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

agreed
Old 08-11-2004, 07:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

The lights stick out an inch and a half...if they're getting that close they're hitting my bumper anyways.

I also don't have them to blind oncoming traffic. They're there for improved lighting...that's why they're wired into the brights. And I'm not worried about any dumbass coming up and wanting to kick my ass. .45 ACP and a CWL are enough to end most personal conflicts long before they start.

Old 08-11-2004, 08:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Makenzie71
The lights stick out an inch and a half...if they're getting that close they're hitting my bumper anyways.
still think wouldn't be possible in my neighborhood. got no beef if you can pull it off
Quote:
I also don't have them to blind oncoming traffic. They're there for improved lighting...that's why they're wired into the brights. And I'm not worried about any dumbass coming up and wanting to kick my ass. .45 ACP and a CWL are enough to end most personal conflicts long before they start.
you pull a gun in nyc, then you better be prepared to fire it.
IMHO, personal firearms are more harmful than good in dense cities maybe diff. story where you are.

70k miles
Old 08-11-2004, 08:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

one more thing,
you don't think truckers aren't packing?

70k miles
Old 08-11-2004, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

IF they shoot me, then there's a good chance I won't care. And most people who take the time to turn around and come after you (for whatever retarded reason) are just momentarily pissed and can be talked down without ever having to think about drawing a weapon.

No, I don't live in a city...I steer clear of any place larger than Amarillo. I don't have the pleasure of wondering if the next thug rappin' gangsta wannabe bling-meister is carrying a gun. All I have are cowboys...so I know well ahead of time, they have a gun.

Old 08-11-2004, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

I love people who think they have all of the answers, life must be boring knowing your future. hehehee..
Assuming you do get into a confrontation with someone (if they chase you down, they don't want to talk) and they give pursuit, you'll never see it coming. if you do pull a gun on someone, ( Maybe an off duty cop?) and you pop one off to show him how big your eggs are, well, you'd better kill him and not mention it to anyone.
THis bord is full of rocket scientists, I love it.
Frank B
Old 08-11-2004, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Makenzie71
No, I don't live in a city...I steer clear of any place larger than Amarillo.
I may be heading to a little town near Amarillo called Pampa in the not too distant future. If you're not too far from there, I'll have to see your ride in person.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
The first pic without the car looks awesome!

The other ones looked kinda creepy..... with those bug eyes looking at you......

P.S .... Any stats on how many people carry guns in texas? I guess thats assuming everyone that carries one wants to be counted... hehehe
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 08-11-2004, 11:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by daxdog
I may be heading to a little town near Amarillo called Pampa in the not too distant future. If you're not too far from there, I'll have to see your ride in person.

Pampa is a little ways off from me, but let me know when and I might be able to work something out. It'd be nice to meet up with a fellow pelican.

95% of people who wear hats, and 38% of people who don't, carry guns in Texas.

^you know it's true because it's writen in italics.

Old 08-11-2004, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: