Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I'm freaking out. Someone PLEASE HELP!

I'm in the middle of my front end bodywork after having felt the wrath of an SUV. I removed the lock carrier (part 944-501-933-00) which was mangled and went about getting a replacement to weld in. Research, contacted three places and found that the original wasnt available. The part was superceded to part 944-501-933-01. I purchased it from our friends here at Pelican and it's very different. I cleaned up the frame and put it in place (not welded) to check it out. The sides which mount the headlight pivots are aligned but it seems that the lock carrier portion of it is too high. Not only that but while the old one pretty much sat on top of the radiator (with the rubber mounts) this new carrier is sitting a good four inches higher. What the hecks going on? Am I over looking something? Have any of you worked with the superceded lock carrier part? This guy set me back $200 by the time it arrived at my door step and I really hoped it would just fit into place. I dont want to have to retro fit the part into my P-car. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP! Thank you.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
What would Darth Vader do

Send a message via Yahoo to Gordon Rankin
Do you have a picture of the area you are talking about? It is not clear from your description a s to what it is..Also cannot find those numbers in my Europroducts book.
NEVER put a used water pump in your car...
Old 08-14-2004, 07:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply. I'll take a few pictures tomorrow afternoon and post them. The lock carrier is the body part that holds the lower hood lock, the inner headlight pivots (outer pivots mounted to the fenders), and is what the nose panel is bolted to. The radiator sits below it, suspended by rubber mounting nobs (two top, two bottom) Only the superceded replacement doesnt slope down at an angle towards the sides like the original and is instead straight across left to right leaving the top of the radiator several inches below it and in contact with nothing at all. I recently found that the superceded part 944-501-933-01 is actually the lock carrier for the 1976-83 924 models which had a different radiator than the 944's. Which I'm guessing was not mounted as low to the ground as on the 944 and sat much higher, say a good 4 inches higher. What to do, what to do? Ideas anyone.......? I'll post some pics after work tomorrow. Thanks-
Old 08-14-2004, 08:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: