Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to bigyagi
pwr windows/headlight switch.

i'm sure that many owners have had the intermittant/non working power window syndrome. i get this occasionally, and cleaning up the contacts usually does the trick, and i'm off to the races, yet again. recently, my pop up headlights went "south" on me, and i had all kinds of weird and wonderful light shows inside the car, as well as the motor going through complete rotation, and not stopping!
anyhoo, a new switch cleaned it all up, and i decided to take the old headlight switch apart. well, its all put together like a swiss watch, complete with minature springs and armatures. anyway, it was all gummed up, just like the power window switch. sooo, i cleaned all the contacts/armatures, and re-assembled it, and it checks out ok with digi vom. i will keep it as a spare, but if you encounter the same problem, with your headlight switch, then cleaning the contacts will keep you going, until you receive your new switch.
i followed the troubleshooting section on headlight switch/motor from "clarks garage". checking the voltage's, going through the various positions, gave me the "nod", as to where the trouble lay. where i should have seen 12v, i was getting 0.27v, pointing to path of resistence, just like "window switch problem".
hmm, wonder what switch is going to be problem #3??
bob.
2002 grand am--better halfs ride.
olds 98 royal brougham--gone, but not forgotten.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to bigyagi
oh jeez, excuse wrong explanation of contacts, as armatures! i have yet again, taken a set of radiator fans apart, to refurbish the phospher-bronze bearing material as well as replace front bearing, and i'm all caught up in doing that. way too many late nights!! ahem!
anyhoo, just clean the contacts, thats all!
bob.
2002 grand am--better halfs ride.
olds 98 royal brougham--gone, but not forgotten.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: