Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

cooling problem fix

for all those who have cooling problems for no reason at all...meaning system is bled...thermo is good...fans are running...

I know whats wrong.....

The New owner that i sold the last 44 to called me. The car has always run warm off an on. Could never find out why after replacing almost the whole cooling system.

I refered him to a known 44 mechanic guru in the area.

The problem was that the passanger side fan was wired backwards, working against the other fan...

Boy did i feel like the dumbass. (i didnt wire it backwards, it was already that way when i bought the car, i just never checked)

Ive read several posts about cooling probs for no reason, just thought it could help. Check your wiring....
Old 08-20-2004, 12:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Also had the same problem with my driver side fan running backwards. I almost gave up on my a/c compressor clutch problem cycling on and off due to high discharge line pressure when engine at idle, came to find out the driver side fan was blowing hot air back to the radiator and condenser. Usual previous owner do-it-yourselfer caused problem.
Cut wires and solder the splice and heat-shrink insulation. Problem fixed.
I still wonder how the fan motor ran backwards when PO could have used the same wiring harness and plugs on new cooling fans???
2018 Suburban Z71
Old 08-20-2004, 02:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: