Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Engine Malfunction

Does anybody know why my car would be stuttering on acceleration? If I give it some throttle it will start cutting out around 3000rpms. Itís almost like its flooding or not getting enough gas. Could this be a timing issue? I recently changed all of the belts and rollers when I did my motor rebuild. I donít know if I might have the cam a couple of degrees out. I tried checking my TPS, which seemed to be ok. If anybody has any ideas please let me know.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I tried to pump more pressure through my fuel system but this did not seem to help. Any ideas that somebody may have would be very usefull.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Makenzie71 Send a message via Yahoo to Makenzie71
plugs/wires/filters

the "baby" that comes first...
Old 08-22-2004, 08:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

All of that stuff is brand new. I pulled a plug and it did not seem to be fouling up.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

try checking all the electrical connections in the engine compartment. like the speed and reference sensors, afm sensor, thorttle body sensor, those types of things. you may have them connected but they might be loose.

cant spell forgive my "hukt on Fonix" it workt gud four mi

in the process of buying a car and a half garage with a detached house and fenced in yard
03 Eclipse GS
Old 08-22-2004, 09:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: