Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

shipping question?

So the long search for me gf 944 turbo is over, we found one in excellent condiction, I could go on an on about it, I will post pics of her for ya when I pick it up later this week. However, this car is in san diego (where I am) an I need to ship it to Saratoga NY (where my gf currently is) any of you guys got the leads to places that shipp cars? I don't know where to begin. 750-800 bucks sound right?

thanks,
brian carignan
Old 08-22-2004, 07:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Makenzie71 Send a message via Yahoo to Makenzie71
you will get quotes back for 800~ish but do NOT go with them. They will abuse your car, if not your check book...and that's if they can get around to dealing with you. I especially suggest steering away from Town and Country auto.

You'll look to spend about $1200 to get this done...$1500 to get a good reliable and enclosed carrier and door to door service.

I'll drive it for you for $500...

the "baby" that comes first...
Old 08-22-2004, 07:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to bryanthompson Send a message via AIM to bryanthompson Send a message via Yahoo to bryanthompson
We could get a bunch of pelican members to relay the car to you. West-coasters can get it up through cali, colorado, i'll take it through nebraska to iowa, maybe illinois, then someone else can take it towards the east... Sortof like carrying the olympic torch. ok, maybe not... but it would still be fun.

wow, i really need to not post messages when i'm programming zone...
Old 08-22-2004, 08:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Makenzie71 Send a message via Yahoo to Makenzie71
I'd be for that. Pay gas money and we relay it across the nation...

the "baby" that comes first...
Old 08-22-2004, 08:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I could pick up the Hawaii leg.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
i can get part of the east leg, im in OH!

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: