Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
think my Fuch's are F****d

any ideas whats up with theses wheels they came with my 944 when I got it and have obviously been reconditioned (badly). Anyway I was planning on taking the paint stripper to them but not sure if I should or not now. They have strange sort of lumps on the silver paint. What I don't know is if they have really bad pitting underneath or if its just orangepeel effect on the paint? (its on all 4 wheels) Was wanting to polish them up and get the centers back to satin black.

Old 08-23-2004, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to bryanthompson Send a message via AIM to bryanthompson Send a message via Yahoo to bryanthompson
If you suspect rust or a wheel problem, you probably should find out for sure instead of driving on a questionable wheel... ignoring the problem won't make it go away, sadly. It could turn out to be nothing, but you already asked the question... can't claim ignorance later
Old 08-23-2004, 11:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Looks like an extremely poor rattle can paint job...almost like undercoating! Suggest that you strip, smooth (sand) and polish lip. Centers don't show up well on this monitor but it appears you could just prep and respray the paddles. You could always go for a full polish if you're in for a little more work.

08 Mercedes-Benz E 350 Sport
Old 08-23-2004, 07:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
That what I was kind of hoping that its just really bad paint. Will borrow some cookie cutters next week and start stripping the fuchs back. More than willing to put the time into polishing them. Are those yours bertman?
Old 08-24-2004, 12:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: