Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
Cool a fun idea for everyone!

while reading someone elses post about car shipping someone had the idea of relaying the car threw people here... well i thought of how cool thatd be but then had another idea!

how cool would it be if we got a group together on here to buy restore and maintain a car? then when the car is restored everyone that was in that group gets to drive the car for a certain amount of time in the year! sorta like a timeshare, but for a car. the car could be maintained by all of us at meets. i think it would be a good way for us to meet each other if we could pull it off!

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
Sure! let's start in Southern California...

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 08-23-2004, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I'm almost positive that idea would lead to a major argument, fight, lawsuit, etc, etc. Very tough for a man to share a car!! Good idea in theory though.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Makenzie71 Send a message via Yahoo to Makenzie71
If this would work, then communism would work...the thing is that one person would have to be appointed over-see'er of the car and events surrounding the car...and it would be hard to trust one person with that kind of responsibillity and his demands over the car's development and transport and what not would have to be followed unquestionably. I personally would be willing to jump in on the venture, and (because I've put a lot of thought into doing this before) I have a very thorough set of rules and guidlines that the participants must follow...if you're interested in hearing them.

I've always liked the idea of a "group collection." Each group would have to have AT LEAST 20 active members. Once a month, each donates a pre-determined amount. This money goes to a collective fund, which all members will have the abillity to deposit into (but not withdrawl). Periodically over the course of time (monthly by my plan), a pre-set amount will be spent on each member of the group. This amount will go to either A: a car, B: tuner goods, or C: needed repairs. Which means monthly, by my plan, a member can get another 944...or a new paint job...or a needed and costly repair.

MY idea to begin with was to do the group thing I listed above, but we all already had the cars and most of us had parts cars and what not...so I wanted thegroup to donate $100/piece a month for 12 months. That would yield $24,000. I was then going to rent out the airport here (1/2mile run way, large taxi way for auto X event, all kinds of stuff) and hold a 2-day meet. I was REALLY hoping to get a lot more members to go for this idea. I really thought it would be great.

the "baby" that comes first...
Old 08-23-2004, 03:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Makenzie71 Send a message via Yahoo to Makenzie71
bumo for a cool idea

the "baby" that comes first...
Old 08-25-2004, 10:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: