Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

fuel filter success!

Hello again,

I replaced the fuel filter today because after running low on gas and refueling I was having massive stalling problems. Got my new fuel filter today, jacked the car up, after searching here to find location of fuel filter on 85.5 944 (right behind passenger side rear wheel). hose clamped the rubber hose, unplugged the fuel pump fuse and cranked for a while, removed fuel cap. removed fuel filter (some wd40 but not too hard). Put new fuel filter in, closed gas cap, forgot to reinstall fuse, cranked for a bit and worried, installed fuse, cranked and it fired up almost right away and sounded nice.

old fuel filter was made in 1993 and probably installed the same I would guess, it was very.... used.

now the car just feels much better, idle is still a bit shaky when its cold, but acceleration is much faster and smoother. Tack still bounced once on the way home so not everything is fixed, but its definitely 100 times better than the stalling every 5 feet trick it was doing on monday.

oil change done at 270k
timing belt done at 240k
Old 08-24-2004, 10:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

if you still have it, cut it apart and see what lives in it over time.

"may the force be with you"
Old 08-25-2004, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: