Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to fast924S
9xauto

Wow look what they say in the article on how to make your 944 faster, Looks like I will be adding my 55hp shot of nitrous, Now If I can just get my girlfriend to buy me the MSD digitial 6a.

Extreme modification would be considered installing a NITROS kit in to 944na. In fact it works very well. However, the down side, it will become "street illegal" in many states, unless you are good enough to hide your hardware. Also, 10 LB bottle is enough for 3 minutes of continuing boost. An increase of 170 HP. We think it is enough. However, the NITROUS could be set up to work in a TUBO mode by increasing gradually with RPM. Small bursts of energy for quick passing on the open road can keep your bottle filed for a month. In this case you would need PROGRESSIVE NITROUS CONTROLER. As far as a SUPER CHARGER, we believe selling your 944 na and adding $4000 for a would be supercharger, will buy you a nice original 944 TURBO.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to will944
Nice to see they agree with all of us here.....IF YOU WANT FORCED INDUCTION JUST BUY A 951!! The progressive approach seems like it would be pretty sweet......the question is.....when will you be installing this nitrous kit? I would like to help!!

BTW....I'll be back for the Durham Fair...my towns only claim to fame!!
87 951
C3 Stingray
Old 08-25-2004, 08:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to fast924S
HAHA, Hey Will, The P-car is a work in progress right now since I hit the dear, I can still drive it but it makes me mad sometimes, But I would like to pick up a MSD digitial 6 plus and install the nitrous soon just so I can see what it does, then I will be working on her all winter to make her a better 924S aka PROJECT 924SX1
Old 08-25-2004, 08:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: