Pelican Parts Forums

Pelican Parts Forums (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/)
-   Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-924-944-968-technical-forum/)
-   -   PO'd at the PO (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-924-944-968-technical-forum/179842-pod-po.html)

GostRidr 08-27-2004 01:02 PM

PO'd at the PO

I've read a bunch of outrageous PO tales (socks in the engine, lamp cords..) but I must add these to the list.

SUNROOF
At some point, my PO had problems with a clogged sunroof drain. As this was too easy to fix, the PO decided to:

a) bolt the sunroof in place
b) lose two screws from each sunroof gear cover
c) remove and discard (he didn't give it to me) the passenger sunroof arm?!?!

WINDSHIELD WASHERS
I can't even begin to understand this one. The wiring to both of my washer jets was cut and then stuffed back into the hood space. How much of a drain could bad washer jets really cause so that they both had to be cut? :confused:

IDIOTS!

So, does anyone have an extra passenger sunroof arm available?!:rolleyes:

CJFusco 08-27-2004 01:30 PM

yeah my original owner did a real hack job with the stereo and door speakers. I am only starting to sort it out now.

todd84944 08-27-2004 01:49 PM

parts

Is it the rear lifting arm that you are needing??? If so, I have some of them.
toddandcharity@peoplepc.com

Panzer909 08-27-2004 03:49 PM

Oh man! That sounds like my TR-6 when I first pulled it out of an old hippie's back yard and put it under the knife. Beer cans in the frame weld, lamp cords, the list goes on. Oh my oh my:confused:

I always wondered if these folks were THAT hard up on cash, or they were just testing their personal McGuyver interests or something. Either way, we pay the price.

AaronM 08-27-2004 04:14 PM

Re: PO'd at the PO

Quote:

Originally posted by GostRidr
WINDSHIELD WASHERS
I can't even begin to understand this one. The wiring to both of my washer jets was cut and then stuffed back into the hood space. How much of a drain could bad washer jets really cause so that they both had to be cut? :confused:

At some point the hood was removed from the car and they "disconnected" the washer jets the easy way.

Aaron

ender944 08-27-2004 10:59 PM

my powerstering pump was held on by a bunge, my ac compressors wiring was cut and then a coat hanger used to suppot it, the extra amp to run the 6X9s that he put into the rear carrpet(holes) wired into the power lead the the key and an 83 transmistion was put in by cutting the spare tire well and put back together with a welding job my dog could have done better.........the list is longer but im to angry at it all, oh well at least i have solved some of these previous owner caused injuries.

Karl2bdc 08-28-2004 06:47 PM

Yea well fellas, at least everything that was broken on your car, wasnt fixed with red duct tape :D

Brando 08-28-2004 10:02 PM

I dont have the verbal dexterity to go into what was wrong with my 924.

but i do have pictures. look at the ones dated from february:
http://abstract.ogsth.com/1978_924/

ender944 08-28-2004 10:52 PM

OH MY Brando, I love those wheels on 924s (the first porsche i ever saw in person was a blue 924 w/those wheels) but that wiring would drive me mad.........I thought i had problems with my electrical and i was wrong. Good luck, and if there is a trophy for this thread you get it.

scheistermeiste 08-29-2004 12:52 AM

yeah, he wins, a meth addict and a porsche dont mix

TSNAPCRACKLEPOP 08-29-2004 03:12 PM

Oh man! That sounds like my TR-6 when I first pulled it out of an old hippie's back yard and put it under the knife. Beer cans in the frame weld, lamp cords, the list goes on. Oh my oh my

I always wondered if these folks were THAT hard up on cash, or they were just testing their personal McGuyver interests or something. Either way, we pay the price.

I THINK YOU COULD ATTRIBUTE THESE LITTLE BROTHER RIGGINGS TO SOME REAL GOOD POT SMOKING, I GET SOME GREAT IDEAS WHEN MY CONSCIOUSNESS IS WARPED.

paulc 08-29-2004 05:16 PM

when i bought my 944 i found a screwdriver lodged in the engine compartment

daxdog 08-29-2004 06:43 PM

What's wrong with lamp cords anyway? Seems like pretty heavy gauge wiring to me.