Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

PO'd at the PO

I've read a bunch of outrageous PO tales (socks in the engine, lamp cords..) but I must add these to the list.

SUNROOF
At some point, my PO had problems with a clogged sunroof drain. As this was too easy to fix, the PO decided to:

a) bolt the sunroof in place
b) lose two screws from each sunroof gear cover
c) remove and discard (he didn't give it to me) the passenger sunroof arm?!?!

WINDSHIELD WASHERS
I can't even begin to understand this one. The wiring to both of my washer jets was cut and then stuffed back into the hood space. How much of a drain could bad washer jets really cause so that they both had to be cut?

IDIOTS!

So, does anyone have an extra passenger sunroof arm available?!
2015 Charger Rallye SXT
Old 08-27-2004, 01:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
yeah my original owner did a real hack job with the stereo and door speakers. I am only starting to sort it out now.
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 08-27-2004, 01:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

parts

Is it the rear lifting arm that you are needing??? If so, I have some of them.
toddandcharity@peoplepc.com

I have tons of spare parts, let me know what you need.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Mein Gott!

Garage
Oh man! That sounds like my TR-6 when I first pulled it out of an old hippie's back yard and put it under the knife. Beer cans in the frame weld, lamp cords, the list goes on. Oh my oh my

I always wondered if these folks were THAT hard up on cash, or they were just testing their personal McGuyver interests or something. Either way, we pay the price.
1972 Triumph TR6 - 100% trouble free between breakdowns
2003 BMW 325xi
Old 08-27-2004, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Ornery Bastard

Re: PO'd at the PO

Quote:
Originally posted by GostRidr
WINDSHIELD WASHERS
I can't even begin to understand this one. The wiring to both of my washer jets was cut and then stuffed back into the hood space. How much of a drain could bad washer jets really cause so that they both had to be cut?
At some point the hood was removed from the car and they "disconnected" the washer jets the easy way.

Aaron
Guards Red 1986 951 <- Seattle car (Gretchen)
White 1976 914 2.0 F.I. <- Prodigal car, traded away then brought back again (Lorelei)
Old 08-27-2004, 04:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

my powerstering pump was held on by a bunge, my ac compressors wiring was cut and then a coat hanger used to suppot it, the extra amp to run the 6X9s that he put into the rear carrpet(holes) wired into the power lead the the key and an 83 transmistion was put in by cutting the spare tire well and put back together with a welding job my dog could have done better.........the list is longer but im to angry at it all, oh well at least i have solved some of these previous owner caused injuries.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Yea well fellas, at least everything that was broken on your car, wasnt fixed with red duct tape
Old 08-28-2004, 06:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
I dont have the verbal dexterity to go into what was wrong with my 924.

but i do have pictures. look at the ones dated from february:
http://abstract.ogsth.com/1978_924/

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 08-28-2004, 10:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

OH MY Brando, I love those wheels on 924s (the first porsche i ever saw in person was a blue 924 w/those wheels) but that wiring would drive me mad.........I thought i had problems with my electrical and i was wrong. Good luck, and if there is a trophy for this thread you get it.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
yeah, he wins, a meth addict and a porsche dont mix

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 08-29-2004, 12:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Oh man! That sounds like my TR-6 when I first pulled it out of an old hippie's back yard and put it under the knife. Beer cans in the frame weld, lamp cords, the list goes on. Oh my oh my

I always wondered if these folks were THAT hard up on cash, or they were just testing their personal McGuyver interests or something. Either way, we pay the price.

I THINK YOU COULD ATTRIBUTE THESE LITTLE BROTHER RIGGINGS TO SOME REAL GOOD POT SMOKING, I GET SOME GREAT IDEAS WHEN MY CONSCIOUSNESS IS WARPED.
Old 08-29-2004, 03:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

when i bought my 944 i found a screwdriver lodged in the engine compartment
Old 08-29-2004, 05:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

What's wrong with lamp cords anyway? Seems like pretty heavy gauge wiring to me.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: