Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

talking Headers.

since were talking about exhuast upgrades and what not lately i noticed some bad things with my header and the rest of the exhuast, so ill take on one part at a time.

Header: has holes big enough to stick a screw driver in the holes.
rest of exhaust: cats got some blockage-going to delete it, getting chunks of something out the muffler which could be the muffler- and the muffler is rusting apart

so im going to start at the front and go back for replacing things.

Bursh 944 headers:

http://www.************************/ProductPage.aspx?productname=Bursch+Headers&productType=20&productid=110040

one question i got in mind for the Bursh headers is, has anyone used this type, are they any good for the dollar? anyone got any thoughts on this product?

i might do something simmilar like mak did with his interesting setup. but im going to use a different muffler and a pipe bender, havnt figured out which muffler to go with though. any thoughts other than stock for muffler types?

cant spell forgive my "hukt on Fonix" it workt gud four mi

in the process of buying a car and a half garage with a detached house and fenced in yard
03 Eclipse GS
Old 08-27-2004, 05:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to fast924S
I am running a Bursch header and cat sub pipe with a B&B catback exhaust. I love the B&B cat-back setup, As for the bursch, kinda cheaply made and rusts fast, Poorly painted at the factory and not really well made, But for the money I guess its ok.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Re: talking Headers.

Quote:
Originally posted by adida(r 944)

but im going to use a different muffler and a pipe bender, havnt figured out which muffler to go with though. any thoughts other than stock for muffler types?

Magnaflow makes some nice mufflers....
And a whole bunch of German scrap metal shaped like 924's.

Old enough to know better, and stupid enough to do it anyway!
Old 08-27-2004, 07:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

you got a site for magnaflow, wolf?

in the process of buying a car and a half garage with a detached house and fenced in yard
03 Eclipse GS
Old 08-27-2004, 07:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Sure I do....Magnaflow

Old 08-27-2004, 07:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

great site wolf thanks, just a little to intoxicated to look right now for odering, too many old friends showed up with beer. thanks though illl look tomarrow.

03 Eclipse GS
Old 08-27-2004, 08:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Your welcome......Be sure to check out the sound clips!!!

Old 08-27-2004, 08:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

wow the sound clips were great to hear. but now im undecided which muffler to go with.... sigh.... why does everything have so many choices.

im thinking of going 14829 or 14851 but like i said too many choices. ill just have to wait till i drink too much and buy something and forget about it till it gets here, be like a surprize present to my self, just hope i dont order a glasspack that would just be silly

03 Eclipse GS
Old 08-29-2004, 09:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Bursch sucks. I kept the system for 2 weeks...what a painful 2 weeks. Get a test pipe or make one like i did. And then get a better muffler. Stock headers are very good...especially cast iron ones. Heavy, but who gives a f*ck...they dont crack!!
996 GT3 4 Liter - Basalt Black - gone
Old 08-29-2004, 09:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Makenzie71 Send a message via Yahoo to Makenzie71
I can ship you a 2.5" catback for $150...no muffler, use whatever one you want.

I would suggest, if you want a deep and even sound, to go with which ever can has the largest volume and a steady, unbaffled, core. A 10X4X20 oval can will give you a much deeper and even tone than a 6X4X18....see what I mean?

Or I can ship you a cat-back such as the one I built for myself for $250...only it'll be much neater and tucked to the exhaust routing a lot better.

the "baby" that comes first...
Old 08-29-2004, 09:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
winter-hater club member

makenzie,

do you have a picture of that $250 system?

"COOL PRIUS!" - Nobody Ever
Old 08-30-2004, 11:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

This is it...excuse the dirty car. I haven't had time to clean her propperly in a ouple weeks...very dusty here.

Anyways, this was the first attempt and my measurements were just slightly off. I haven't had a chance to tuck it up some, but any future pieces will be much neater and hung closer to the underbody. I'm aiming for having the bottom of the tubing above or level with the rear-end.

Old 08-30-2004, 11:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Bursch headers are ok, their test pipe stinks. They aren't the best thing out there, but a good deal until you're ready to spend much bigger bucks.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
winter-hater club member

that looks very nice, mak... is your license plate really that fubar?

"COOL PRIUS!" - Nobody Ever
Old 08-30-2004, 05:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Actually....it's a paper temp tag...it's been through 4 rain storms, 3 hail storms, and lots of dirt. I do have a metal plate that looks that bad, though...

Let me know if you're interested in anything I can make.

the "baby" that comes first...
Old 08-30-2004, 05:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

ok now your all going to hate me for a sec but then you'll see my point

i purchased a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse today for 13K fully loaded and manual and 21K milage.

ill hide for a sec. ............

but now i can park my P car and FIX it the RIGHT WAY while not having to fix all my junkers to keep my self going. for example now i can put lots of money on the P car instead of dumping money into my other cars.

76' ford gran torino needs: brakes, fix wiring in the interior so it has a heater and interior lights, fix timing chain and distributor. total estimated cost to fix it 400 bucks, more than i paid for the car

86' pontiac grand am: Needs Entire Engine Seal WORK. estimated cost 300 bucks, and lots of nuckle busting, more than i paid for the car

85' Honda Accord LX: WOW complete Throw off the cliff. estimated cost priceless. acctually needs engine rebuild, brakes, clutch, tires, and a good cleaning, id rather throw it off the cliff before i put a dime into it.

but now i can just take all 3 of these vehicles to the dump/junkyard and get money for em. and use the few dollars ill get for em and put it on the porsche. but as for now ill let it sit while i build up more of a cash flow then ill get Maks cat back exhuast with a good muffler and fix the things that i've neglected in the last few months. like paint job and body work, fix cv axles, fix rear hatch, get new weatherstripping, that sort of thing. im hoping that come spring i should have enough to get started on a few projects for it. so i hope you guys aint mad at me for doing so. it just seams like a better way to fix the P car than drive it everyday (being only running car) but it should be different now with a new car thats not going to break down (i hope) for a while. plus i dont want to drive the Pcar without a heater and in the snow, especially with the new body parts i got on it now fiberglass and way below zero temps are a bad combo.

well anyway ill keep you guys up to speed on what i need fixing and what i need to order, when i thouroly inspect the car from head to toe. i should just replace everything and make it mint again. but ill just stick to what needs the most attention on it for now. thanks for the replys though

03 Eclipse GS
Old 08-30-2004, 07:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: