Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to fast924S
Post Pulling engine this winter

Hey, SO I have been doing some thinking about what to do with my P-car sice I hit the deer, I know I will be doing the GT body kit and I have decided to pull the engine this winter to fix some things and do some upgrades and just to do a all around check and cleaning. Here are something I will be doing to the engine when its out. If you guys have any ideas, let me know, Im trying to get a list of parts together.

1. Timming and balance belts
2. new rollers
3. waterpump and lower temp t-stat
4. Front seals
5. rebuild oil cooler and new seals
6. Replace OPRV with updated one and new seals
7. Replace balance shaft seals (both sides)
8. Replace oil pan gasket
9. inspect and re-torque bottom end
10 Get and install light weight flywheel and new clutch
11. Get and Install larger throttle body
12. Get and install cam from JMengines
13. Get and install new valve springs and titanium retainers
14. Degree in cam
15. Clean and polish intake manifold (maybe some porting)
16. repaint cam cover and/or polish
17. get injectors cleaned and balanced

This is a big list and I will be dumping some money into her but it should be lots of fun, I still dont know if I should pull the head and myabe get some head work done. Any way let me know what you think.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

www.ebsracing.com If i was doing all that id have the head and a sport cam done.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Sounds like a sweet idea FR, But S2 cranks are alot of $$$$ and hard to find. Also if I do that then I gotta open the whole enigne agian and I really dont want to.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

FR I love that picture
Side question will your chip adapt to mods like those (2.7l, sport cam head work) Im stupid when it comes to DMEs if it aint mechanical then i get lost. I have a spare 86 motor that i want to build up after i put the chip on my 85.5 to drive until i build up the 86.
p.s. FAST not trying to hijack your thread just talking about performance
Old 08-29-2004, 08:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
It would be sweet If I could find a s2 crank and rods and maybe some high compression pistons for cheap, But I think Im dreaming.

I think Im just gonna make it a killer 2.5 unless I can find a good deal

ender, You could still use his chip, but I would also get a MAF or MAP upgrade to handle the extra air and performance, ALso you might need a adjustable fuel pressure regulator for more fuel
Old 08-30-2004, 01:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I don't know the year of your car but--

In retrospect of what I went through for the past two years...

I would do every seal and gasket I could get my hands on.

Add top end gaskets(head up) if they have never been done.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Yea I think it will be a full reseal, I had the engine out about 6 years ago and rebuilt it then with approx 63,000 miles on the odo. No I have about 85,000 miles on the odo of very hard driving, I have some small oil leaks, and the waterpump is leaking, the rollers are original and I want to replace them as well, both balancing shafts have small leaks and the other day I noticed a little oil int the coolant, SO Im thinking oil cooler. Just remember when I did the rebuild 6 years ago, except for the bearings and rings and seals/gaskets all other parts where original, So I understand if the need replacing now after 17 years. SO I will replace mostly everything and also do some upgrades and cosmetics
Old 08-30-2004, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: