Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to toolboy62 Send a message via Yahoo to toolboy62
dumb wheel question

hi again,

I have a chance to buy a pair of 15" phone dials for my '88 NA. I know that some Porsche models use different wheels front and rear but my owner's manual just says 15x7 for both. Is the offset different front and rear and how can I tell which is which? The reason I want to buy this pair of wheels is to refinish my wheels, they are all nasty looking but in good shape, I just can't afford to be without the car throught this process. I have not had the opportunity to have the wheels off my car yet so I'm still learning

thanks,

nate
Old 08-30-2004, 01:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I believe yours are the same all around. When you buy the wheels, they only way you will know is if the tires are still on and the PO ran smaller fronts.

What color is your car BTW? I think Phones look excellent on black.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

thanks for the reply, that is excellent news for me, anyway.

My car *is* black, although the phone dials weren't really my first choice. Had I to pick wheels I would probably get either Fuchs or cookies, I think the black centers look exceptionally badass on a black car, but I have a late car so whaddaya gonna do? I don't have the $$ or inclination to get aftermarket wheels, the roads I drive on are crappy enough with the 15s.

nate
Old 08-30-2004, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

cool, so for a last reality check they should have "ET53" stamped on them somewhere? I have seen early 944 phones and can tell the difference in offset by looking at them.

nate
Old 08-31-2004, 05:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I got 944.362.104.00 cast into the inboard side of my stock phone dials, if that helps.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

yes that does help thanks. I got pics from the seller today and am fairly confident that they are the right wheels, besides they were advertised as late offset 944 wheels.

OK... now that this project is a go, where's the best place to buy the Wuerth wheel paint from? Or is there a Krylon or similar color that is close enough to stock to not be noticeable?

nate
Old 09-01-2004, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: