Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

AT the dealer today

My Porsche dealer sucks except for the guys in the parts deptment. They only like me because I know how to get them to the right part and order it the first time...long story. There where ZERO CARS and ZERO sales poeple in the show room. I guess they sold there three SUVS and that was it. On the other hand i did see a GT3 In for its first service. I drooled over it for awhile and then i noticed that it only has a three pod cluster (like a boxter??) I had thought that all 911s had the Five pod, but that tach was huge and right in the middle SO even if i had the $99k i couldnt buy one becasue there would be no one to sell it to me............
Old 08-31-2004, 08:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Makenzie71 Send a message via Yahoo to Makenzie71
^werd. It's like the "5 minute" rule in high school...if the teacher doesn't show up before 5 minutes after the bell it's a free-for-all. So, no salesman for 5 minutes? You get a free porsche...

...actually, in today's society, you could probably sue porsche for their incompetence in the situationa dn get a free GT3.

the "baby" that comes first...
Old 08-31-2004, 11:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to bluebullet
I was at the dealer the other day picking up some interior parts for my car (their prices were actually pretty good for a dealer, just shy of Pelicans prices) and they had a new 997 sitting in the lot.
It has the 8 piston yellow brembo calipers and 2 piece rotors all around....$9k option. Black with black interior. Sticker price was just a hair under $100k.

After looking around the lot a little more, I spied another black 997, with what looks to be a factory bodykit, Techart rims, and the 8 piston yellow brembos again...only this time they werent the same as the other ones. These featured the CERAMIC pads and rotors, the ones offered on the GT2...a $16k option. Who would pay so much for brakes that only work on a track? I wonder how squeaky they are...I went to take pics of that car and the stupid camera in the battery died (somethins wrong with it..it can take like 4 pics and it shuts off and has to sit for a minute to recharge)
Old 09-01-2004, 12:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I always buy small things from the dealer, example the drain plug that i messed over on the tranny swap Pelican $4.00 Porsche $4.60 but i dont have to pay anyshipping at the dealer, so my small parts are usually cheaper. The $387.99 water pump made me lol though.
The GT3 was a customers car, they didn't have any Porsches for sale, not one, the had Three of the SUVS last time i went in but i guess after they sold them the could quit for the year I dont know.......
Old 09-01-2004, 09:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I got offered a job by the head of service at the local dealer, I told him i wanted to have him check my belt tention, that i had already put the belts on and that i just wanted him to check and adjust the tention.
Service Guy"So have you started it?"
Me"Well yeah i had to move it...."
Service guy" THen its two late, did you tank a valve..?"
Me" I dont think so it runs better now then it did before"
Service Guy" If you can do a 944 belt you can work on any Porsche, if you ever need a job I'll hook you up." THen he walked over to a new 911 turbo and pulled it back to a service bay.....maybe im in the wroung feild.......
Old 09-01-2004, 08:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Makenzie71 Send a message via Yahoo to Makenzie71
^I've had that happen. Once at a Ford dealership because, while my Focus was in for a recall thing, I walked over and talk to a couple of mechs about an RX-7 they were working on. They couldn't get it to start...she was flooded horribly. I had her started in 5 mintes and purring beautifully. They offered me a job...should have taken it...

Another time, while my sterpfather worked for a dealership I got to transport the more high-end cars to a BMW lot across Houston. I once drove a countach all over Houston doing this. I was dressed real nice, too. I delivered it to the BMW dealer and they automatically thought I was money and tried to get me to either A: buy something or B: work for them.

the "baby" that comes first...
Old 09-01-2004, 10:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Porsche changed the old 911 five-pod dash in (I think) 1997 with the introduction of the then new 996 (and the Boxster). The GT-3 is a variation of the 996 and has a similar dash. The new 997's have a more retro dash however.

-MAS
Old 09-02-2004, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I'm glad they backed off on the futuristic look for the 997. 996 didn't solicit too many fans. Between cheap looking plastic, RMS issues, and a water cooled engine, all go hard 911 fans were pissed...
Hopefully the 997 will bring some of them back...
Old 09-02-2004, 09:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: