Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

View Poll Results: what do you think of Franks Bike shop so far?
It stinks, Quit now and just shoot yourself while you still have money to buy enough ammo. 3 23.08%
You didn't try hard enough, try harder mealworm. 1 7.69%
looks o.k. I guess. 1 7.69%
Excellent job, very creative, you are my hero. 8 61.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. This poll is closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
suck my tail pipe

Send a message via AIM to Frank B
O.T. pics of the bike shop so far

Here is what I think is a solid example of what I used to do for a living ( from a construction and design aspect) related to what I'm going to be doing now, but was what I used to do before I became a contractor/father/married man. I only performed minor renovations on the space so as to keep my costs down, but I think I've made the most of what I have available to me.
Any thoughts are appreciated and respected.
Frank B

Last edited by Frank B; 08-31-2004 at 10:32 PM..
Old 08-31-2004, 10:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
looks great frank, can't wait to see it all stocked up! Thought you were going for Yellow/Black though....
( )'92 Renault Clio 1.4 :

Old 09-01-2004, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Looks like it would make a great bar! Then it would be "Frank the Contractor/Father/Married Man/Bartender"

Last edited by profssr2017; 09-01-2004 at 08:32 AM..
Old 09-01-2004, 06:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Looks good! Keep postin' pics.

944 Turbo 5-spd, Black, 1987-present
70k miles
Old 09-01-2004, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I really wanted to vote #1, just to break your b***s, but I couldn't. That looks really good. For a gimp. How is the leg BTW?

j/k about the gimp statement. That looks real good Frank. Now just load it with merchandise and paying customers.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to fast924S
HAHAH sorry frank, I had to vote for the first one. For real it looks good, but I dont like the poster of the rocks/woods its too busy, You need a nice clean background with maybe Biketopia painted across it, this way it wont take away from you products. But all in all looks sweet
Old 09-01-2004, 08:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Trevor
I think it would look better stocked full of Gary Fisher mountain bikes. Good luck. How's the leg?
2001 Taurus noooooooooooooo!
1993 325is
Old 09-01-2004, 09:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Makenzie71 Send a message via Yahoo to Makenzie71
OOH..."bicycle"....lol. I was expecting to see a couple Gixxers or Yamis....

the "baby" that comes first...
Old 09-01-2004, 10:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

The "view" is a mural that I purchased from the philadelphia Horticultural society. THey had sent a friend of mine on a trip to New Zealand to shoot some scenery for an upcoming fund raiser and had planned on using some of his pictures as examples of foliage they wanted to transplant here in Philadelphia. What he did was amazing. He took several shots in Panorama, then photoshopped them together to make a huge mural. They loved it and used it for a fund raisning booth at the Philadelphia Flower show. I bought it for $300.00 as a donation to the Horticultural society.
Too busy?.. Nah, there will be bikes in front of it and also some grid wall at the front of it, it's more like an effect. Busy, yes, too busy.. no such thing.

Thanks for all of your comments, keep em coming.
Frank B
Old 09-02-2004, 01:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

SidVicious.. Leg is getting there, still hurts at the break, due to the fact that Bones flex and Titanium doesn't, so the rod is coming out and I'm gonna make bar ends out of it. I can ride all day and no pain but, walking still bugs the crap out of me, it hurts. Doc says that will go away in a few months after the rod is out ( January) Other than that, I'm doing pretty good .
Old 09-02-2004, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Fast924S..
I could understand your thinking that maybe it could take away from the "products".
BUT! how can a wall that looks like you are actually outside, detract from purchasing something that you're going to use.. outside? If it where a purple mural with T!TS all over it, well, yeah, that would detract from the product, but in my experiences as an artist and contractor, and consumer, whenever you place something in its environment, it fortifies your instinct to buy it. Also, the way I look at it, ( product representation) you can take a steak and place it on a trash can lid and charge someone $45.00 and they'll look at you wondering where you're hiding yuor crack pipe, but if you take that same $45.00 steak and place it on a beautiful plate they wouldn't think twice about it.
I don't want my bike shop to lok like everyone elses, I want to start a revolution in the bike business, actually bring the bike shop back into the game, sort of take the attention away from Products and put it on what the shop does for it's customers without bleeding them dry. I'm starting with the first thing you do when you walk in my door and which would be a great big Hello. Everyone who has been coming in these past few days since I've hung the mural, just wallks in and says, "oh my god" and smiles. I think that's cool because they don't immediately go directly to the bikes and frown, then look up and succomb to the realization that they are in another white slatwalled prison.. er bike shop..
Frank B
Old 09-02-2004, 07:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

YOU rule just for asking me that question dude.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Screw that Fr wilk. Why dont you tell me when your 50% off chip sale is going to be in session.

We is poor, child.
996 GT3 4 Liter - Basalt Black - gone
Old 09-02-2004, 10:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to fast924S
Well If you put it that way Frank B, Then I guess your right, I would love to have a bike shop that is friendly and willing to help, All the ones around here are like WHAT DO YOU WANT or BUY THIS, So good point.
Old 09-03-2004, 05:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

"Nitrous is like a really hot girl that has alot of STD's you really want to hit it but your afraid of what might happen"

Best quote ever.
Old 09-03-2004, 07:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Fast924S
I wasn't out to prove a right or wrong point, Sorry if I came across as indignent. I appreciate your viewpoint and can see the too busy observation that you mentioned, I was only making an observation from what I'd think would be cool, which is speculative at best. But, it's my money and vision so, I'm going with it.

Last edited by Frank B; 09-03-2004 at 08:05 PM..
Old 09-03-2004, 08:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Fast924S
I forgot to mention that I also agree with you in regard to how Hoopty the service is from some shops. There is a shop 2 miles from me that had (HAS) a huge sign right at the checkout counter ( in YELLOW) that says, "PLEASE DO NOT ASK US ABOUT THE TOUR DE FRANCE OR LANCE ARMSTRONG BECAUSE WE DON'T CARE!!!!"
Can you believe that. To top that off, one of the Yambags that works in that store came-a-tapping on my front door yesterday asking if I was hiring, because he wants to quit his job at the MEGA_OPOLIS bike gods franchise store. I said no way JOSE because I had heard that he was the guy responsible for making the sign that still hangs in the store he wants to leave. He's another pissed off x-games reject that thinks he too cool for school.
Well, I laughed at him and didn't answer his question regarding hiring him, I just walked right by him and opened the door and smiled. He got the hint.
Frank B
Old 09-03-2004, 08:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Frank, good to see your on your feet and (more or less) okay. I hope the shop turns out to be a big success.

Old roadie myself. Custom ordered Pinarello frame w/Campy Chorus hanging in the garage.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
suck my tail pipe

Sidvicious
Thanks for the encouragement, I appreciate it alot.
A custom pinarello hanging in the garage?.. shame on you dude.
You used to ride the road? Cool. I started out BMX racing when I was 10 then grew into Road Racing, then found Mountain bikes.. I still road ride and Mountain bike pretty regularly now, but Haven't ridden BMX in years, just test riding bikes after assembly..
I raced Road as a Pro 1-2 for, Expert/elite Mountain,
And pro BMX and cruiser class until I turned 19. stopped racing altogether when I was 29. I want to start racing again though on a lower level, solely because I want to ride harder and be race fit year 'round. I'd like to be able to do the Iditabike for my 41 st B-day, dunno if it's a reality though.
Frank B
Old 09-03-2004, 10:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

BMX Bikes!!! I practically LIVED on my Mongoose between the ages of 8 - 14. Rode it everywhere with my friends and my cousin. These days my cousin and I preder riding in an Audi and Porsche respectively.

944 Turbo 5-spd, Black, 1987-present
70k miles
Old 09-03-2004, 10:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: