Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Just Joined, Wanted to share some pictures of my 85.5
Some mods I have done so far are,

Weltmeister springs, Jacobs high energy coil, performance chip, Weltmester throttle response cam, Custom air intake & Exhaust.

Old 09-01-2004, 02:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Ornery Bastard

All I have to say is that I really, really, really hope that you're getting paid a good bit of money to have all those eyesore graphics on your car.
Guards Red 1986 951 <- Seattle car (Gretchen)
White 1976 914 2.0 F.I. <- Prodigal car, traded away then brought back again (Lorelei)
Old 09-01-2004, 02:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
im with aaron...

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
You know on the track car I would contemplate all those graphics except the flames.

Otherwise........ Welcome to the Looney Bin!!!!
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 09-01-2004, 04:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I take it this is a race car.

Sorry guys...have to say I like the flames...for a race car.. Some of the nicest I have seen.

WELCOME to the board!

BTW- ae1969 is the only looney one around here.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I take my car to the track sometimes. And the flames are to show my customers that almost any graphic can be converted into a Vinyl Decal
Old 09-01-2004, 04:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

AAhhh....you are Custom Graphix inc.

Good vinyl. Crazy flames.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Nice car..what does it do in 0-60..or 1/4 mile?
Old 09-01-2004, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Ornery Bastard

Ahhh, in that case, you are getting paid. Rolling advertising for your own company. :-)
Guards Red 1986 951 <- Seattle car (Gretchen)
White 1976 914 2.0 F.I. <- Prodigal car, traded away then brought back again (Lorelei)
Old 09-01-2004, 07:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to fast924S
Like the car, be carefull around here, you can get attacked for having new a different ideas. Anyway what chip are you running?? Also got any engine pics, IN your mods it say custome Intake? lets see. Also you might wanna check out this forum, high pase die hard Posche guys who like to spend tons of money on there P-cars http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/index.php?s=
But the Guys here at Pelican are alot smarter and friendlier and you can trust them.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Zlatko
Nice car..what does it do in 0-60..or 1/4 mile?
Havent got around yet to messing with the heads or block but currently does 15scs on 93oct maybe nextime ill try 100oct
had previously removed the cat. now its back on. Im also contemplating the idea of puting in a supercharger.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
Quote:
Originally posted by porschetuner
Havent got around yet to messing with the heads or block but currently does 15scs on 93oct maybe nextime ill try 100oct
had previously removed the cat. now its back on. Im also contemplating the idea of puting in a supercharger.
I am not sure if I should open up this can of worms..........

But how is 100 oct going to make a difference in your NA?

P.S You know the longer you look at the car...........the more the flames grow on you.............I have to stop looking at it.
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 09-02-2004, 10:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by ae1969
I am not sure if I should open up this can of worms..........

But how is 100 oct going to make a difference in your NA?

P.S You know the longer you look at the car...........the more the flames grow on you.............I have to stop looking at it.
With the chip im running it gives more fuel at WOT(wide open throttle) so if im putting more fuel of higher octane the explosion will be a little bit grater, plus im putting enough spark to make sure it burns the exess fuel. Its down fall is the engine runs hotter witch means i can burn a valve or worse. but theres an improvement not much but noticeble.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to toolboy62 Send a message via Yahoo to toolboy62
as long as you don't have preignition problems, you will get *no* extra power from higher octane, don't bother.

I am confused by your description of the chip, however. If you really are running "extra fuel" no amount of spark is going to light it off, you will run out of oxygen, unless the stock fuel map is deliberately lean. Also extra fuel should make the engine run cooler, not hotter.

nate
Old 09-02-2004, 11:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Welcome aboard.

Personally, I like the graphics on the car.

Be warned...anything that may appear "ricer-like" will be ridiculed on this board by a small group of Porsche elitests. Don't mind them.

Also, you might not want to mention octane anymore unless you want to start yet another flame war. You will set a fire on this board like napalm made with 93 octane gas (or would 89 burn forrests better?).
Old 09-02-2004, 11:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by fast924S
Like the car, be carefull around here, you can get attacked for having new a different ideas. Anyway what chip are you running?? Also got any engine pics, IN your mods it say custome Intake? lets see. Also you might wanna check out this forum, high pase die hard Posche guys who like to spend tons of money on there P-cars http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/index.php?s=
But the Guys here at Pelican are alot smarter and friendlier and you can trust them.
Here's a pic of the intake Still working on the heat shield and trying different Air filters, once the correct combo is selected the appropriate shield will be built.

Old 09-02-2004, 11:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
how many times does it need to be said... higher octane gasoline does not make your car faster. Higher octane gasoline isn't even higher quality, really... all that "plus" and "premium" stuff is just a way for the oil companies to try to get you to pay more money than needed.

What octane relates to is the combustion rate of the gasoline. Higher octane gasolines have a higher rate of detonation, so that's why it is used in race engines... if they used 87 octane, they would hear a pinging on accelleration.
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 09-02-2004, 01:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
entertaining the idea

Garage
I usually run 89 octane, but lately I switched to 87...gas prices are outrageous around here. I've noticed my car runs a little bit cooler around town. Not all that much though...

a well set-up 1983 Guards Red 944
Old 09-02-2004, 01:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
i think i need to run 93 once i put in my PowerProm... or do i?
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 09-02-2004, 06:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
entertaining the idea

Garage
I thought one of the selling points of FRWilks power prom was that you could still run 87 octane....I could be wrong though

a well set-up 1983 Guards Red 944
Old 09-02-2004, 07:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: