Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question cluster and roof

The fuse for my instrument cluster keeps busting out, so I thought Id check beneath the cluster and maybe "reground" some wires.

I got as far as taking the plastic trim off (6 screws) and the 4 screws that hold the cluster in place.

The cluster seems to be stuck, and I dont want to force the cluster out, coz the steering wheel is still in place. Is there anything I can do to remove the cluster without dismantling the steering wheel?

The p/sunroof quit on me, its stuck open and it wont budge shut. The fuse is fine. Is there anyway I can close the sun roof manually?
Old 09-03-2004, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
I am assuming this is the early 944........if it is you have a speedo cable that is holding you back as well..........

PUlling the steering wheels is fairly easy and will give you more room to play with ....... pull the center and remove the large nut....and of it comes.
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 09-03-2004, 05:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Its a late 85.... I just found out there's a manual option for closing the sunroof.

I'll work on takin out the cluster once again.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

someone told me in the rennlist forum that there are three fuses for the sunroof, one of which doubles for the instruments. Is that the reason why both the cluster and the roof quit on me at the same time?

I couldnt find the nut that should be turned to manually close the roof. Where is it? Hurricane frances is heading to SC,..... its gonna rain, I need to close the roof, real bad.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: