Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

overly intoxicated impulse buying sucks

well... guess i bought the bursch headers from performance products.

well i got the bursch header and cat delete pipe installed (fit like an O J glove) and started the car, it didnt even run for more than 2 seconds and i had smoke pouring out from under the hood. fricken cheapo paint- they could of used Super High Temp paint instead of dipping them in reagular paint for that price sheeesh (yeah i know you guys warned me). after opening the hood and looking for leaks (wasnt hard to do with all the freakin smoke...) well i got one on the #3 exhuast port. (broke 1 of studs in the block dont worry no drilling yet, its sticking out far enough to get at) but didnt see any other leakage, i decided to take the 944 for a short run to see what they really sound like and to burn the rest of the paint off. well the sound of the exhuast sounds raspy/tin-gy and throwty at the same time. not to bad of a sound i guess, its not like some of the ricers that run around my area, sounds like half v8ish, somthing i can live with or improve later, maybe next time i have an overly intoxicated impulse buying spree.

also installed a new O2 sensor.... WOW does one of those help. the old one was so foulded up it looked like a spark plug thats never been changed in over 50 years and had massive carbon build up.

well guess all in all, overly intoxicated impulse buying may suck at times, but the outcome might be something that you dont want but sometimes needed.

cant spell forgive my "hukt on Fonix" it workt gud four mi

in the process of buying a car and a half garage with a detached house and fenced in yard
03 Eclipse GS
Old 09-05-2004, 10:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Makenzie71 Send a message via Yahoo to Makenzie71
Now you should buy a catback from me.

I need a new O2 sensor, too...but first I'm waiting on my new plugs and my accord 10mm spark plug wires.

(for reference, the accord wires use the same boots but are 10mm wires and ridiculously cheaper than what's offered for Porsche...let you know about fitment....)

the "baby" that comes first...
Old 09-05-2004, 11:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gearhead290
It's OK man, we all do stupid things when we drink a little too much. After all, I've dumped about $1500 into my new engine for my Mazda and I wasn't sobar for a thing I bought But hopefully it will be enjoyable while I'm sobar
Old 09-06-2004, 06:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MikeCT
I have Bursch headers on my car also. I find that it sounds good when the engine is at 3500+. In the lower rpms it does sound weak.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull. - W. C. Fields
Old 09-06-2004, 06:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
i used to have to talk my roommate out of buying knives from QVC when he was drunk
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 09-06-2004, 06:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

i aint too pissed at my purchase, im just more pissed that the paint burnt off in 2 seconds after start up. im starting to like the sound at all rpm ranges, its groing on me guess next overly intoxicated impulse purchase is going to have to be a Wilks chip. that'd be fun

in the process of buying a car and a half garage with a detached house and fenced in yard
03 Eclipse GS

Last edited by adida(r 944); 09-06-2004 at 10:00 AM..
Old 09-06-2004, 09:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Makenzie71 Send a message via Yahoo to Makenzie71
[subliminal message]...no, the next one should be an exhaust from me...[/subliminal message]

the "baby" that comes first...
Old 09-06-2004, 10:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

or that maybe both

03 Eclipse GS
Old 09-06-2004, 12:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: