Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to snowboardgeek1
Magnecor wires for a 85.5 944

Hey guys

Do any of you have magnecor wires on your Porsche 944? How the heck did you get the small boot to fit on the distributor cap? I can't get it on at all! I just bought these magnecor wires (part number 45192) and the boot is too small to fit on the distributor cap. The red hard plastic on the distributor cap is too large. Did you guys try fitting in the boot inside the red plastic cover? Let me know whats up. Thanks!

Eric

Old 09-27-2004, 09:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I'm planing to buy some ignition leads to but the ones I get recomended is 4589 not 45192. But that maight be because mine is european. But it might be so that you got wrong cables but what I heard theres to kind of boots either the OE or the magnecor silicon boot. I've sent magnecor a mail about what the diffrent is between the two of them. Please let me know if you find out something.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Banned

I am using them... they went on fine, you just have to use the rotate technique to put them on...
Old 10-18-2004, 02:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Just noticed that www.magnecor.com www.magnecor.co.uk uses diffrent numbers for the applications and that in the states they aren't even selling the ones with OE connectors.

Old 10-18-2004, 02:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: