Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Opinion / Advise Cam Tower Seal

Fellow 944 owners.. My car has just turned 92K. It runs very well but has a very slight oil leak at the cam tower. Last spring the car had the h20 pump update, belts, tentioners and rollers but the oil leak wasn't correctly diagnosed by the mechanic until the job was completed.

1) Is it worth paying to have the car disassembled again for a very slight leak?

2) Are there any other repairs that should be considered during that repair while apart?

3) What other suggestions for maintainence does anyone have at 92K? (I'm considering inner & outer wheel bearings)

Thanks dudes..The car is in supreme condition, I'm considering buying a boxster or 80's series 911 but I'm not looking forward to selling my perfect 44 for 3k..

1998 Glacier White Boxster
1971 Fiat 124 Spyder
1999 Mercury Mountaineer
Old 10-01-2004, 02:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Thanks for all the thoughts guys, I guess I should have thrown a couple horn photo's in....

1971 Fiat 124 Spyder
1999 Mercury Mountaineer
Old 10-01-2004, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
I thought I posted earlier??? weird...

anyways.....

If its the rear cork seal..........you can change it with the camtower on the car.

If its the front seals........... a small leak is ok as long as its not excessive ..... specfically in the timing belt area where the belts can be affected.......... thats a no-no

My biggest suggestion on repairs. Scheduled maintenance is a must............but NEVER fix the other things until they begin to show symptoms of replacing...... you can create a money pit in no time.
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 10-01-2004, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

The leak is toward the windshield so I'm guessing it's the cork seal, any other information you can give me is appreciated thanks..

1971 Fiat 124 Spyder
1999 Mercury Mountaineer
Old 10-01-2004, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: