Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

White/Green Switched 12v wire:

Alright, real simple quick question for ya. I have a melted green/white wire that was behind my stereo. As far as I can tell its the 12v switched wire. Any idea where this runs back to? FWIW its an '83...

Old 10-04-2004, 09:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

bump, anybody? Does it run to the ignition switch or something? Im having a hell of a time following it and cant find ANY white/green wires in ANY schematics I have looked at.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
This sounds like non standard wiring (probably why nobody has answered). I don't understand what it is you're trying to do. If you want to replace the wire (which you should if it's melted) can't you just follow it to where it goes and replace it?
( )'92 Renault Clio 1.4 :

Old 10-06-2004, 06:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Zero10
The switched +12V on my radio is white/green as well, and it's an 86.
I don't have the wiring diagrams handy, but I would imagine it comes from the ignition switch.
Probably from the switch, to a fuse, to the radio, or perhaps it's fuse, switch, radio.

Buy my parts!
Old 10-06-2004, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Well, I just found an EARLY wiring diagram that says mine should be Red for constant and Red/Black for switched. My goal is to find out where the hell it goes so that I can replace. Now im not thinking its for the radio, so im lost. Now I dont know what circuit it is on.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Zero10
Hmm, IIRC, it is power to the clock.
I remember when I tied into it, I didn't see the other white/green wire, and I only connected to the one, and my clock would never come on.

Buy my parts!
Old 10-06-2004, 01:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

don't think it's for the radio

http://www.pelicanparts.com/944/electrical/944_84_3_1.jpg

no wt/gn there

here's the clock

http://www.pelicanparts.com/944/electrical/944_84_5_1.jpg

no wt/gn there either

but there is one here

http://www.pelicanparts.com/944/electrical/944_84_4_1.jpg

for the rear defogger

Early '85 944

Last edited by carsontc; 10-06-2004 at 05:58 PM..
Old 10-06-2004, 05:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I figured it out. Turns out a lot of these diagrams have it labelled wrong. Its a green/GREY wire from the fuse block to a 6 pin connector where it splits off and it calls it a green/blue wire or somthing, but I have confirmed where all it goes, it hits the oil pressure gauge light, glove box light and ashtray light, and maybe somthing else, dont remember. The good thing is it looks like the only wire that melted. And everything except those above lights now works and no more melting fuses. So as soon as I rewire this it should all be good. Now I just gotta figure out why the hell the car wont start!!!! Agh!

Old 10-07-2004, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: