Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Keeping the 944, but selling the 323i

Hi guys, this is admittedly a cross-post. I need some help. Money is tight in our house, and it's getting tighter - there's no nice way of saying that I guess. We're fine, but we need to make some serious changes.
We decided to keep the toy (944) because we own it and it runs so well (after LOTS of effort!) there's no justification selling it.

We've got to cut the expense of this car... it's an amazing vehicle with every option I've read of. It's truly wonderful.
There are lots of pics on the site below:
http://members.rennlist.com/jkrans/BMW_323i.html

Here's a link to the ad I placed at rennlist:
http://mall.rennlist.com/scripts/featured/ads.cgi?db=hiline&website=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=1939&query=retrieval

1997 Sentra (unclaimed!)

Last edited by 97XRAY; 10-08-2004 at 06:27 PM..
Old 10-08-2004, 06:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Macfreak007
just curious, compared to the 944, how does the bmw drive, is it quicker?, handle better?
Old 10-09-2004, 08:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Many many differences. It FEELS like there's LOTS more torque to the BMW, but that isn't in the numbers. Engine management on the BMW is amazing, quiet power on demand, anywhere in the RPM range.
The car has a tight clutch, and so it responds rapidly.
But the 944 cuts corners like butter whereas the BMW is set up currently to enjoy more of what's out the window.
With adjustable suspension, beafy roll bars, and the sport package, it can be dialed up for just about anything, easily.
It's an awesome car.
When you close the doors and put the windows up, it doesn't matter how fast you're driving; it's silent.

1997 Sentra (unclaimed!)
Old 10-09-2004, 07:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: