Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to bluebullet
I just saved myself a bunch of money on...

nope....not my car insurance by switching to Geico

I had the car up on the lift today trying to figure out where to install my gauge sensors, and I noticed a small dab of antifreeze at the bottom of the front cover. My heart dropped, and I was praying it wasnt the waterpump starting to take a dump. I pull the front cover off and start the car, and to my relief nothing was happening. My upper hose on the rad tends to leak just a tad and blow it over the motor, so Im leaning towards trying to retighten that.

What I found out even more is that my belt tension wasnt the problem of my squealing noise at all. It actually feels quite normal. While the cover was off, and the engine running, I was poking around with a long extension, and putting my ear on various pulley bolts trying to find the squeal. It got loud as I got over the waterpump area, and I started to fear that the waterpump bearings were going. But as I got over to the small balance shaft idler pulley and put my ear on it...the shrieking noise was unbearable. Upon feeling it with my hand, it was sloppy as all heck, and it spun all gritty like so I think its junk. So that big $200+ job I was looking at next thursday can now be avoided . Off to the dealer monday to get a pulley.....

Old 10-09-2004, 07:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: