Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Still looking for motor installation help in MA/NH area... WILL TRADE OR MONEY

hey I am looking for help installing my motor into my car. I have an 86 944 getting an 88 motor. I've got the motor and the car and all I need is help putting it all together by someone that knows what they are doing.. I was told people here would be able to help me out. I can pay a little bit.. I also have the old motor, so if you want an extra block or any of the parts (I dont know whats good you'll have to check it out) I was told by someone that the car can be on the road and running in 5 hours by him... so anyone that can help me out would be greatly appreciated..

Old 10-12-2004, 02:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
You know............ I would help you ....

but I don't think it would be practical paying for my flight.

...........but we can help YOU......get it back together....
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 10-12-2004, 05:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

ok well lets start with getting that arm on the front changed... I assume I have to take all those gears off then pull off the plastic, then change the arms and put all the gears back on? again... if there is ANYONE in the area that can help me out please let me know!
Old 10-12-2004, 05:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

well I was kinda hoping to trade parts like that for help getting the new motor put in... but if I get it in and those parts are still available I will let you know! thank you.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Step 1. Fix the broke piece

the things I mention refer to www.clarks-garage.com for clarification

Look up the section on replacing front seals.

That will explain how to release the crank bolt, rollers, tensioners, rear black timing belt cover etc.......... and then you will have access to that lower balance shaft housing (the part you have circled)

On that picture you are showing you have one dilemna. How to remove and torque down that crank bolt. Normally you would lock the crank (with a flywheel lock). You dont have the flywheel on yet.

You see if you try and remove the crank bolt the engine wants to turn over....... That bolt is at 150lbs. I would install the flywheel/clutch. You can then rig it up to lock the crank in place while you remove the crank bolt.

I would replace all the front seals at this point and check all the rollers, tensioners and waterpump for wear..

This should get you started........ http://www.clarks-garage.com/shop-manual/eng-14.htm

Pay special attention to the other procedures section on that page.

Last edited by ae1969; 10-12-2004 at 06:26 PM..
Old 10-12-2004, 06:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

jeez that looks really complicated... I really hope someone in the area comes through.... I appreciate the help I just really dont want to mess anything up. I put the clutch and bellhousing on the new motor.... but I just put it back on the way it would bolt up... I didn't line anything up with anything... so I dont know if I did it right...
Old 10-12-2004, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Its not that complicated. It just takes time to look things over.

So while you wait for someone to step up......... tackle one section at a time.

It seems overwhelming at first but just take little bites and understand what you are doing.

Just post your questions here. There are no dumb questions and we all learn from the steps you take. So get at it........start reading.

The assembly you have left is pretty straight forward. Just don't assume ........ask.

So lets start with the flywheel and bellhousing if you like.

Start another thread if you like .......take a pic of what you did and how you did it. Torque specs etc........ or what you are planning on doing. Maybe ask before you do.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to fast924S
Yes Eric, I told you if you need help just post we can walk you threw the steps, Kinda like a copilot, all you gotta do is ask man, Also you might want to get your self a HAYNES manual to help with specs and stuff.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to fast924S
P.S Kinda OT, As much as I am agianst stickers that say what kinda car you are driving, I think I like the one on you windsheild
Old 10-12-2004, 07:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

haha thanks man I didn't put it there but I like how it looks.. I think I may keep it.. not that anyone else will see it anytime soon at the rate I'm going!

Old 10-12-2004, 07:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: