Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Will pay someone $200 to help me get my motor in my car and running... MA/NH area.

I am looking for someone to help me put my motor in my 944 and get it running. I am in Middleton MA. there is one thing on the motor that needs to be replaced (please see pics) then I have to get the motor in the car and get it all running. Someone said it could be accomplished in about 5 hours.. I know $200 isn't a lot but I was told by a lot of people that I could probabally get it done for the price of a 6-pack but that doesn't seem to be working out. so if you think you can help me out please let me know. I'm a college kid so I can do it on fridays, saturdays or sundays... other days if you let me know ahead of time. I appreciate all feedback... thanks guys.. check out the pics.

Old 10-14-2004, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

It is advisable to replace that part (lower balance shaft front housing\PS pump mount) while the engine is out of the car and then put the engine back in.

Would be happy to help, but unfortunately for you, I live in Florida.

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 10-14-2004, 05:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I thought the broken part was the oil pressure sender (as usual)

Early '85 944
Old 10-14-2004, 05:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I did too at first, but if you look closely, you will see a faint circle around the lower balance shaft housing.

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 10-14-2004, 05:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered Loser

I am local and will gladly help out for free - even if it just invovles lifting heavy things and providing a third or fourth hand. I've done some wrenching on my 944 but never installed an engine. I also have a pretty good collection of metric tools.

Old 10-19-2004, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: