Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Custom User Title

Fuel leak update

So now everyone has seen how my gas was leaking from the outlet of the fuel pump in my car. I ordered a new nut, a new check valve, and 2 new sealing ring thingys. But I have some questions that desperately need answering, because quite frankly I am a moron.

1) It will be probably at least a week until the parts arrive. I just clamped the hose going from the gas tank to the pump. Will this stop the gas from dripping in the intervening time from now till fixing time?

2) When it comes time to disconnect the hose and fix the junk, won't all of the gas in my tank come pouring out? Do I need to buy a siphon and a large container?

3) The fuel pump is mounted through this stupid black plastic thingy that hangs under the gas tank. How can I get this gaddamn plastic thing out of my way so that I can work more easily? I can't get at the big nut screw thing until I get this thing off.

4) How do I disconnect those power cord plugs (there's 2 of them) from the fuel pump?

Kittens for whoever answers the most, and also kittens for whoever answers the fastest. Every unanswered question represents a lost kitty soul, in danger of falling prey to my bloodaxe.

Old 10-20-2004, 06:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

1. By clamping the hose ..you mean pinching it off with hose clamp pliers or vise grips....correct? If so then YES this should stop the leak for now.

2. If you remove the clamp or the hose YES you will leak fuel (about $.02 per drop). Why not leave the hose pinched while making the repair.

3. This plastic "thingy" can be removed by removing whatever fastens it under the car..

4. The power and ground wires are connected to the pump with small nuts....not peanuts but similar.

Did I win?????? How many kittens??????....
And a whole bunch of German scrap metal shaped like 924's.

Old enough to know better, and stupid enough to do it anyway!
Old 10-20-2004, 07:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Custom User Title

3 Kittens. None for #3.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by rammstein
3 Kittens. None for #3.

How about half a kitten for #3?........you know for speed and effort..
And a whole bunch of German scrap metal shaped like 924's.

Old enough to know better, and stupid enough to do it anyway!
Old 10-20-2004, 08:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Zero10
Oh dear, half a kitten.... my girlfriend would kill you guys, lol.

Buy my parts!
Old 10-20-2004, 10:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to bluebullet
I already have two kittens..I cant afford another so I will give no advice
Old 10-20-2004, 10:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Custom User Title

Thumbs up

its all out. The hose is clamped. No leaking in the meantime. Waiting for parts. The kittens are safe.

For NOW........
Old 10-20-2004, 11:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Custom User Title

ALL DONE!!!

Once again, thanks to all for your input. My problem has been solved for less than $30. Unfortunately, due to my incompetance it took like 5 hours to put together (don't ask about the HORRIBLY stupid things I did).

No more leaking gas!

Old 10-29-2004, 10:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: