Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

bellhousing and clutch help

ok I want to put the bellhousing and clutch and everything on the new motor... what is the step by step to doing this? do I need a clutch alignment tool? I have simply bolted the stuff back on the new motor but I'm wondering if I've done anythign wrong or if I need to line anything up? I just kinda did it... let me know... or if anyone is in my area (MA/NH area) I need help.. thanks

Eric

Old 10-21-2004, 06:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to fast924S
You need a clutch aligment tool or the drive shaft wont go into the clutch. Other then that is mostly bolting things up and to the proper torque
Old 10-21-2004, 06:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
Yup you need the alignment tool..... (or you can make one)

I think I mentioned clarks garage before ........ the procedure is there for most things....

- Before you torque down the pressure plate you need to have the disc inside aligned. This is why you need the alignment tool.... The shaft from the torque tube has to slide right in. IF the disc is out of alignment it will be next to impossible to push the driveshaft into the pilot bearing.
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 10-21-2004, 06:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

how would I go about making an alignment tool?
Old 10-21-2004, 10:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
I have a bunch of the plastic spline alignment tools from owning and working on various cars and trucks. I just took my new clutch disck took it to my parts bin and started matching up alignment tools one by one and luckily found a match. I believe if you run to an auto parts store, they will be able to find one for you for like $7.00. You can also get them here at Pelican parts store.
If I am not mistaken I used a ford ranger alignment tool. I am not sure but you can try.
2018 Suburban Z71
Old 10-22-2004, 03:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Parrothead member

There are universal clutch alignment tools you can buy, they come with different size pilots and tapers. The one I use is made by Lisle. I've done everything from VW's up to full size pick-ups with it. You can get it in any good parts store.
The hardest part of a 944 clutch job, I found is getting that
#%@ ! pivot shaft out of the bellhousing.
when puttin it back in remember, "Never-Seize is your friend!".

Old 10-22-2004, 04:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: