Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

still need help installing motor in the MA/NH area..desperate..cash or parts 4 help

I have posted before but to no avail... I REALLY really need to get this car on the road and running before the weather gets too cold.. I plan on driving this car to LA in december. please help me out (look at me I'm begging, this is pathetic) what I have to offer is $200 or you can take whatever you want from the motor that came out.... rebuild the block or whatever you want to do with it. my place is very easy to find, I'm right off rt. 95. I have all the tools I needed to take the old motor out, not sure if I need anything special, a clutch alignment tool I will buy... but if you have any tools, it wouldn't hurt to bring them. the only thing that needs to be done outside of putting the motor in the car and hooking everything up is one part on the front that needs to be replaced as seen in the pic, its an arm or something... please help me out... if you want money and motor parts maybe we can work something out... I was told that porsche enthusiasts are some of the most helpful people out there... I've had plenty of support but no one that knows exactly what they are doing or that are in the area. I can't afford to put the time or the money (from when I mess it up) into this car.. please help.

Old 10-21-2004, 06:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I can get you the part that needs to be replaced.

Come on, I know there are some pelicanheads up there that can give this guy a hand.

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 10-21-2004, 07:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I've already got the part that goes there... I just dont know how to get it on or anything.. and I agree SOMEONE must be able to help!
Old 10-21-2004, 07:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Where's Overkill? he's up there somewhere and was always anxious to lend a hand.
And a whole bunch of German scrap metal shaped like 924's.

Old enough to know better, and stupid enough to do it anyway!
Old 10-21-2004, 08:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

That part is held on by 4 bolts, three up front, and one behind it - then it just pulls off. You need to replace the seal and the O-ring.

The rear belt cover (and thus, the timing belt) has to come off to get at the bolts

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 10-21-2004, 08:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

yea I already posted another topic asking for help with getting all the gears off so I can remove the rear belt cover... I'm REALLY not looking forward to the timing belt, which is why I hope someone comes through
Old 10-21-2004, 08:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Look up the procedures on Clark's Garage. You're easily 200 steps away from finishing, this part is but one of them.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered Loser

Count me in. My mechanical skills are limited, but I did recently do my timing belt and wasser pump (with help). And it really wasn't very difficult. I can also lift heavy things. I've got a good collection of tools (including timing belt and clutch aligment tools) and I think I've got some factory manuals on a CD somewhere. And DannoXYZ is right, have you seen Clarks Garage?

http://www.clarks-garage.com
Old 10-22-2004, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Like I said, I'm in for anything I can do.. Just let me know.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

clowd, something may be going on sunday if you are available
Old 10-23-2004, 12:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Gahh have to work all day Sunday.. might be able to make it after 4:00 though

Old 10-23-2004, 07:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: