Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to SlowToady
Brake rotor removal question

Ok, this is really stupid question, but here goes anyway...

So I'm taking the brake rotors off; I already have the caliper off. On the front there is a rounded, dark colored metal cap on the end of the axle. Is this the dust cap that the manual is referring to that needs to be removed? If so, how the HELL do you get it off, because I have had no luck at all.

Oh yea, while I'm at it, is it worth it to pay someone to do the tie rods and control arm ball joints? With the limited time I have available to work on my car, I've been thinking of just taking it to a shop to get it done faster...

/me applies newbie suit

Fakelife.com Nothing to do with archery anymore. Porsche/BMW/Ferrari/Honda videos
Old 02-04-2005, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Yes, teh dist cap needs to come off. They make a special tool to remove it, but you can work it our with a hammer and chisel on the joint between the cap and the hub.

The tie rod ends and ball joints aren't all that hard, but they will take a bit of time to do - plus you need to get the wheels aligned when you do.

AFJuvat

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 02-04-2005, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: