Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
Question what are these connectors for?

ive always wondered this... what are the 2 rectangle connectors and the round connector above it for? pic of nayors car is attached with a red box around the connectors. it was the best pic i could find of them with out taking a pic of my own.

also how does one go about checking if the speed and reference sensors are in spec on the car with the engine is the way? i can barely see them let alone get at them.

thx

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to michaelathome Send a message via Yahoo to michaelathome
Hello,

Those are the:

- Speed Transmitter (DG - Top)

if still in place and the

- Reference Mark Transmitter (BG - Bottom)

The round one above it on the firewall is the O2 sensor.

That engine looks kinda like mine.

Michael
Old 02-24-2005, 11:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
winter-hater club member

actually, that is MY engine! LOL! see my posts re. best failure...

"COOL PRIUS!" - Nobody Ever
Old 02-25-2005, 06:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Michael is absolutely correct! Free beer to Michael!

And no, Nynor, that can't be your engine - looks more like MINE!!!

Maybe we need to start a thread where everyone posts a photo of what their engine looks like! lol

Scheister - you also need to be careful with those connectors - they get brittle with age.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
ah so those are the speed and reference sensors i thought so. and as i posted it is nynors car, although i think i spelled his name wrong. reason i asked is the on their own these connectors have almost completely crumbled on their own. and thats what i thought might be causing my no start condition.

and where exactly do you get new speed and reference sensors? i couldnt find them on pelican

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.

Last edited by scheistermeiste; 02-25-2005 at 01:53 PM..
Old 02-25-2005, 11:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
winter-hater club member

sorry buck-o, that is MY engine...

re: t-belt self destruct, big pics, long

Old 02-25-2005, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

thats what i said right?

Old 02-25-2005, 03:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
winter-hater club member

sorry scheister, i was speaking to
profssr2017

and you did say that. i've got a lot of it torn apart again today actuall, everything but the head and manifolds.

Old 02-27-2005, 06:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Yeah - I knew it really wasen't my car - but it looks very similar - although my head is still on the motor, but the intake, etc, is all off.!

Old 02-28-2005, 05:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: