Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
cutting rear belt cover

I'm installing an updated (turbo) water pump on my N/A and need to make the modification to the rear belt guard. I looked around online hoping to find a downloadable template or maybe a picture of a modified (or update version) rear guard but haven't found on yet. I decided to try the old trial and error approach and cut out the area for the belt guard and two posts. The new (larger) roller seems to rub on the guard though so

Do I need to cut out a space for the roller too?

Do I need to cut out anything else to make sure the belt is safe or anything?

Does anyone know where I can view a photo or a drawing of the propper modification?

Thanks!

EDIT:

I just found a pic posted by CoCal Drivel from a few years back. (It was relating to cutting the rear cover to give access to the water pump without removing the crank pully and bal shaft sprockets) I am wondering if the hatched area on the image of the rear cover, around the water pump pully opening, is the material that needs to be removed when updating to the new style water pump? It seems logical but can anyone out there confirm this?

Thanks
Eddie

T-belt and water pump r and r question

Last edited by dangerous; 03-17-2005 at 06:51 PM..
Old 03-17-2005, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage

Here's Hugh's photo....
Old 03-17-2005, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: