Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question Members' opinion of PCA

Hi folks...what are the advantages/disadvantages of joining the PCA? I've seen it mentioned a number of times, but, as a newbie, don't know if it's worthwhile joining...whatcha think?

1983 silver 944 - sold to "Ontario Chris"
1968 white 912 - sold to Storm and Spencer in Long Island
Old 03-21-2005, 01:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
PCA allows me to fully experience my Porsche. I'm involved big time with my local region (NNJR - Northern NJ) and NNJR has a whole slew of activities for you to participate in. There's rally, concours, autocross, driver's ed (learning to drive your Porsche on a race track), as well as social events and technical workshops.

NNJR is a bigger region, so we offer more opportunities to play. I believe you'd be part of the Potomac region, which has just as many opportunities for you.

Well worth the money, IMHO.
-Z-man.

Visit my homepage!
<><
Old 03-21-2005, 01:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Having been a very active PCA member for seventeen years, I get much more out of my membership than 90 percent of PCA members.

I've held every office in my local region, including being president of the region twice.

What you get out of the club depends on what you put into the club. If you are a giver, you will get back quite a bit. If you're a taker, you won't get back nearly as much.

I will probably be a member until they won't take my membership money any more.

That said, it's the only club I ever joined...

gb
We buy 944s and sell 944 parts (845-379-1944)
We rebuild torque tubes and instrument clusters for 944/968/928
Old 03-21-2005, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Non Compos Mentis

I spend lotsa time with a helmet on my head because of the PCA.

Well worth it.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Im a newb to PCA....

but here are my impresions.. All regoins are a bit different. The local region around here is pretty cool. Everyone is nice to everyone else. A cool bunch down here. Its not mostly 911's as i heard it was before i joined. Lots of different cars from 914's, 928's, 951's to Carrera GTs.

Its worth the money...do it. Just be as active as you can. I just went to my first meeting last week. I had a great time.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to bryanthompson Send a message via AIM to bryanthompson Send a message via Yahoo to bryanthompson
There is _no_ PCA activity out here, so I haven't joined. Hopefully when I move to Lincoln next summer I can find some PCA guys, but I'm not counting on it.

I bet it's a blast if you get a bunch of active members.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I joined, but then a month later the car was disabled. Have yet to do anything. kind of odd though, being 18, i expect to be around a bunch of old farts all day, which sounds like barrels of fun just teasing those of you who can be considered an old fart.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

PCA

I have been a active member for a couple of yrs now. I will have to say, it is worth the money. The monthly club magazine is worth the price of membership by itself!! I'm the events director and the vice-president of the local. We have been working to get a lot more going on in our local. You will meet some great folks that share the same love of the cars as you do. Most of the folks I have met in our club don't care if the engine is in the front or the back!!!

I have tons of spare parts, let me know what you need.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Certified Rennwerker

Send a message via MSN to 924Sman
Quote:
Originally posted by bryanthompson
There is _no_ PCA activity out here, so I haven't joined. Hopefully when I move to Lincoln next summer I can find some PCA guys, but I'm not counting on it.

I bet it's a blast if you get a bunch of active members.
Not so!
There is the Great Plains Region in Omaha and are very active group. You must live in the "sticks"!

Bobcat......
A club is what you make of it and if you like to participate the PCA is the best you will find. And you simply cannot BUY the kind of expertise and help the PCA membership offers but if one is "ding dong" your screwed!
Dal
Old 03-22-2005, 10:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to bryanthompson Send a message via AIM to bryanthompson Send a message via Yahoo to bryanthompson
Right now I am in the sticks!
Old 03-22-2005, 10:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Certified Rennwerker

Send a message via MSN to 924Sman
LOL! Me too it is called Des Moines!
Old 03-22-2005, 10:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: