Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Exhausted.....?

I know very little about exhausts and as I'm putting all my bits back togther notice a slight blow from the backbox, that plus the knackered, chrome trim makes me want to replace it with a new unit. A local company can supply one made from 304 SSteel (I assume custom made as there aren't many '44s kicking about up here now so can't see them stocking one)! Anywho they've quoted me approx 110-140 for the backbox - variation in price for single or twin tail pipe and quiet or loud!? I'm not a one for loud noises by any means and want it stock quiet and a few bhp gain wouldn't go a miss! Long story short anything I need to know about exhausts - I know a few people have been fashioning up there own and looking good anything that is bad ie will reduce performance etc if they are louder are they more free flowing and increases power?? any info appreciated!
Old 03-21-2005, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to bluebullet
mine is definetly louder than stock, but I have no cat in the car. When I pick up the new one which is all stock I'll let you know whether I feel a difference or not.

There was a 951 on the lift the other day that sounded real nice, looked like it had a custom exhaust made with a magnaflow muffer in place of the stock one. It followed the stock exhaust route, all up close under the car and looked great, not to mention didnt sound loud either. Next time Im there I'll have to ask him about it.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I have 3" mild aluminized steel from turbo to tip and the wastegate ties in. I also have a magnaflow SS muffler. Definetely faster spool and perceived power gains. I LOVE the way it sounds.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
would appreciate a sound clip is anyones got one especially of yours docsafi! Thing is I want to keep it understated as well don't want to draw attention! Also tailpipes what looks best any pics been offered a twin outlet (single box) but think I prefer the orig oval single outlet??
Old 03-22-2005, 04:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I went with a stainless oval (see post-fresh paint pics, a little down page) I will try to get a sound clip.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: