Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

All in a days work: Pics (1/2 MB)

What ever shal I do today? Lets fix the car I didnt get any before shots, but it wasent anything special. Lets look at what has happened.

The Whole Car

The OLD fender

Wheel Well.. still gotta figure out what to do about this

This is going to suck

The parts car

Any suggestions on what to do about the wheel well. I'd prefer to find some way to pull it out, but that is going to be hard.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Im no body man, but it looks to me its gonna have to be cut out, then weld a new piece in...

im curious as to what other folks say though.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

It can be pulled out but would require equipment that you do not have there. The easier thing to do would be to cut it out and weld in new.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by docsafi
It can be pulled out but would require equipment that you do not have there. The easier thing to do would be to cut it out and weld in new.
Sounds like what im going to do then. Probably was what was going to happen, but i was undecided Gotta get some sheet metal now i guess.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by seaboltman
Sounds like what im going to do then. Probably was what was going to happen, but i was undecided Gotta get some sheet metal now i guess.

You should be able to use the inner fender from the parts car.

However, it looks as though you may have already cut the new quarter from the parts car, otherwise you could have replaced it in one piece.

Always, Always, Always, have a real good plan of attack before you make the first cut. It just makes life a little easier this way.

Looks interesting!!!!!!!!!!!....

And a whole bunch of German scrap metal shaped like 924's.

Old enough to know better, and stupid enough to do it anyway!
Old 03-21-2005, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I had a plan of attack, i Just didnt realize how messed up the wheel well would be. Silly me. Other than that, its gone smoothly, execpt the dremel bits that i keep breaking. at $8 for 5, im running out of money

Tomorrow, everything should get fitted, and then on wed. everything should be done and welded in. Thats if it all goes smoothly from here, which it wont.

Oh while im thinking about it, what should i coat the sheet metal i get with? Color dosent matter, of course, so any suggestions.

Wolf1: Your pics you gave me have guided me through this with relative easy. I always function better when i have a model to look at.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by seaboltman

Wolf1: Your pics you gave me have guided me through this with relative easy. I always function better when i have a model to look at.
Great! glad they helped.

If you look closely at the pics you will notice that I removed the inner fender with the old fender, and replaced it with the new fender.

Notice that I cut along the pinch weld flush with the side of the tub. This gives you a nice straight edge to align with and helps with the welding process.

Be sure to use lots of seam sealer on both sides of your welds when finished, and then cover that with undercoating.

Old 03-21-2005, 05:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Here is the pic that I am referring to.

Old 03-21-2005, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolf1
Great! glad they helped.

If you look closely at the pics you will notice that I removed the inner fender with the old fender, and replaced it with the new fender.

Notice that I cut along the pinch weld flush with the side of the tub. This gives you a nice straight edge to align with and helps with the welding process.

Be sure to use lots of seam sealer on both sides of your welds when finished, and then cover that with undercoating.
Looks exactly like how i plan to cut it tomorrow, so i must be doing something right. ill be sure to get some undercoating and what not. If only the door jam wasent messed up, this would be 10x easier.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
seabolt, sorry to jack your thread man, but, do me a favor if ya can, and while everything is apart like that, can you take some flics of the back speaker wells and where the gas filler neck & vent tubes run on the inside of the back pillar? (i think i can actually make out the sunroof drain tubes in that last pic, but i'm mostly interested in the gas vent/filler to attack the fuel smell symptom.. thx) it'd be greatly appreciated and paid back 10 fold in good karma.

'94 Oldsmobile 88 Royale (winter beater)

Its not what you drive, its what drives you.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

got ya livewire, ill take pics of the parts car, that is more totally destroyed. if I dont get the right angle, let me know, ill cut anything away I need to. The car is being sawzalled into about 25 pieces after I pull the engine, trans and all that good stuff that I may use one day.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
hmmm those look like some nice seats in the parts car......
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 03-21-2005, 09:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by CJFusco
............................and a decent dash..............................(insert sounds of buzzards flapping wings here).................

Is the dash cracked?

My P-caronline Profile

"A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep water. "--
Sidney Goff
Old 03-22-2005, 03:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

So that's how you replace the rear speakers!
1989 Dodge Shortbed(project)
Old 03-22-2005, 09:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by CJFusco
They are. Im also willing to part with them.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by tifosiman
............................and a decent dash..............................(insert sounds of buzzards flapping wings here).................

Is the dash cracked?
dash is cracked
Old 03-22-2005, 03:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: