Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

'77 924 Martini--cold start/run problem

'77 924 Martini--cold start/run problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm figuring that I need a Warm Up Regulator, as it is very difficult to keep it running until after it warms for at least 3-4 minutes. Also, I read that the early 924's came with a fuel distributor that was faulty and should be upgraded to it's replacement. I have 2 questions :
--How do you tell if you have the faulty FD or if it's been replaced?
--Would a Volkswagon warm up reg. for A1 & A2 possibly be the same part? They look identical. I saw one on ebay. Or, does anyone have one that you'll part with?
Attached Images

(sold the 944 and the 911)
Old 03-28-2005, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I have an Audi Warm Up Regulator on my 924. All my research suggests that the system and crontrol pressures were the same for all cars that ran CIS. I will eventually be taking the Audi WUR off and replacing it with a rebuilt WUR I bought for about $100 but thats a few weeks off. When I do if you are still interested I would let the Audi part go for like $30.

Porsce did make changes to the fuel distributors in later model cars. I dont think that the early fuel distributors were faulty. The plumbing on the lower half of the distributor is different. I think a solinoid was added to help with warm starts. Upgrading the fuel distributor would be extremly expensive unless you find a used one. If the fuel distbutor isnt causing you problems dont mess with it.

81 924 N/A

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Check your grounds first, mostly the ground from the battery to the body and then motor. Lots of vw's have ground issues that cause all sorts of weird behavior (including cold start problems), maybe the 924 is closely enough related to vw's to have similar problems?
Old 03-29-2005, 12:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: