Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I think it is reasonable that if Mr Wilk is allowed to tout for business in this forum, feedback from board members both on the quality of his product and how he conducts himself in business should also be allowed.

I've learned some things from reading this thread, as I imagine many people have, and on balance I'm glad I had this as background information in helping me in deciding whether to deal with Mr Wilk in the future.

And unlike some 944 owners who are anxious that Mr Wilk will drop from view once again before they have a chance to buy one of his chips, perhaps this time for good, I'm satisfied that there are many reputable companies and individuals to deal with in case I decide I want a custom eprom for my dme.

Finally, for those who say that that there have been no been other negative reports on Mr Wilk's business dealings, I'm not so sure this is the case. I suggest perusing some of the threads on the Rennlist forums, for example.

-Mark
Old 04-05-2005, 10:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)
Certified Rennwerker

Send a message via MSN to 924Sman
Knowing FR and his caustic attitude at times will get someone who *****es nowhere.

That said how many parts shops replace electronic components once sold!? It has always been my experience that once a electronic part is sold it is SOLD. Why? Because the part can be ruined by improper install or other electrical issues causing the part to fail/short/burn out. When I worked at a parts house we DID NOT take electrical parts back and FR can take the same policy and not do a thing about it.....legally!

But to call him out in public, in my opinion just lost your money!

Dal
Old 04-06-2005, 02:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)

Garage
Sorry guys for not getting here earlier - I was busy packing my car last night for Lime Rock.

The issue between Bart and FRWilk is personal, and IMHO, there are two ways to resolve this:

1. The two of you go your separate ways. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose.

2. You resolve this via a final phone call or email.

Whatever you choose to do, this board is NOT the place to resolve this conflict.

Bart: Either accept your loss, or deal with FRWILK in a mature way.

FRWILK: My suggestion to you is to give Bart one final chance via a phone call or an email to resolve this issue.

The BOTH OF YOU: Life is full of compromises - perhaps it is time for a compromise in this situation - meet somewhere in the middle and call it a day.

Thread will be closed if the arguing continues.

Regards,
-Z-man.

PS: I didn't know conflict management class was essential for being a 944 mod.

Visit my homepage!
<><
Old 04-06-2005, 06:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
Thanks, dad!
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 04-06-2005, 06:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Z-man

Whatever you choose to do, this board is NOT the place to resolve this conflict.

PS: I didn't know conflict management class was essential for being a 944 mod.
Z-man,
My apologies to you and the board. I guess my frustrations at a lack of response from emails, snail mail & phone calls, lead me to take an approach which, in hind sight, was a burden to the other members of the Forums and unseemly.
Bart
Old 04-06-2005, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by btsave
...lead me to take an approach which, in hind sight, was a burden to the other members of the Forums and unseemly.
Bart
Ya, but why change now, in virtually all of your threads I've seen you complain about things, law enforcement, etc.

At least change it up a bit and find something new and original to complain of. This subject is stale. Then maybe it won't seem so much like a burden to us members.

Old 04-06-2005, 10:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #86 (permalink)

I just wanted to be the 2001st person to view this thread.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)
least common denominator

Well I for one have big a problem with FRWilks chips...

The salsa doesn't stick to them and they taste terrible!
Old 04-06-2005, 12:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #88 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by scottmandue
Well I for one have big a problem with FRWilks chips...

The salsa doesn't stick to them and they taste terrible!
That is because you are using synthetic salsa, which everyone knows is thinner than dyno salsa.

Also, during warmer months, I like to switch to a thicker salsa, as it tends to thin out less.

'94 Oldsmobile 88 Royale (winter beater)

Its not what you drive, its what drives you.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #89 (permalink)

I manage an egineering company that deals with embedded programs. It would blow your mind how easy it is to pop chips. We kill them here in the lab at an incredible rate. touch the tines without being grounded is the easiest way.

Just trying to say it may not be FR's fault directly. Beyond that I am going to stay out of the argument totally. There are always more factors playing into scenes like this that the reader does not see.

Besides, arguing on the internet is like running a race for the special olympics. Even if you win, your still retarded.

"Don't retreat, reload." Sarah Palin
Old 04-06-2005, 02:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #90 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by livewirevoodoo
That is because you are using synthetic salsa, which everyone knows is thinner than dyno salsa.

Also, during warmer months, I like to switch to a thicker salsa, as it tends to thin out less.
My sister-in-law makes a home made salsa that works real well with chips... Trick is to add red onion.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #91 (permalink)

Welcome back Fr.

I know the feeling....

Two computer upgrades nightmares and two viruses in a month helped close down a medical practice for me. It just sucked. Sounds easy enough to fix until it happens to you.

Glad you are back.

Mark
Old 04-06-2005, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark944na86
I think it is reasonable that if Mr Wilk is allowed to tout for business in this forum,

Actually, if you notice, FRWilk stays clear of nearly all the "how to mod my 944" threads. As well as the frequent "who's better" chip discussions.

Most.....ok 99.9% of the recomendations for his chip come from people who already have the PP2. Word of mouth is a very powerful advertising tool, the occasional slander is insignificant.
And a whole bunch of German scrap metal shaped like 924's.

Old enough to know better, and stupid enough to do it anyway!
Old 04-06-2005, 07:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #93 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

that pretty much sums it up. so let's get back to more important things

where is old llama face??
Old 04-06-2005, 08:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #94 (permalink)
least common denominator

Quote:
Originally posted by ronin
that pretty much sums it up. so let's get back to more important things

where is old llama face??
Probably out shopping for a new computer...

Turbo lips...

Old 04-07-2005, 07:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #95 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: