Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to auh
power seats

How hard would it be to convert from manual to power seats? I'm prob not going to do it, and just go for some sporty seats, but who knows if its easy enough
Old 04-01-2005, 10:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

The entire seat base is different between power (two pivot bolts hold the rails to the frame) and manual (6 bolts between frame and rails). It would be very difficult to convert a manual to a power. Best to just buy a set of powered ones and install them.
87 944S - Sold
77 924 - Sold
Old 04-02-2005, 03:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Huh? I have power seats in my 83. No problem except for the loose forward blind nuts in the chassis. You have to cut off the seat belt anchor and use the one in the chassis tunnel. The four bolts in the chassis for the early seats are no where as strong as the six in the later chassis.

The power wires run next to the tunnel and up under the dash.

These seats are about four times heavier than the early seats. The motors add a bit of weight but most of it is the beefed up seat frames for the seat belt anchor.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 04-02-2005, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: