Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Closed Thread

Garage
Arrow Open Letter to FR Wilk.

Does BUYER BEWARE fit this situation? Is the FR Wilks we all tolerated no longer the same man? SHOULD WE AVOID HIM AT ALL COSTS? Let his actions speak for him…..... Read on.....

Open Letter to FR Wilk.

For several months before you disappeared off the board, I have been attempting to have you replace the defective chip or board which you sold me. As you know, we have tested the chip set on two verified DME’s and it does not function. I have spent some serious money on my 83’ 944 and am not some wet-behind the ears kid trying to scam you… but you know that already.

Obviously, you have placed my email on ignore and have also ignored my phone calls as well as overnight letters. You leave me no choice but to do this, once again, on the bulletin boards. Here is a copy of the letter which I “over-nighted” to you on February 9, 2004, I have crossed out the name of the Porsche Mechanic who has been working with me on this, suffice it to say that he is a Moderator on the Boards & both you, others and I know and respect him. You know who he is & that should suffice.

Beginning of letter:

Both xxxx, (xxxxx on the Pelican Board) from xxxxxxxxxxxx, Fl., & I have been trying to contact you for some time now concerning the Power Prom chip & upgrade for my ’83 944 which I purchased from you a month or so ago.

As a reminder, I sent my working DME to you to install the PowerProm2 into, along with a bank draft for $470. A month later, I received back the “chipped” DME only to find it did not work. After discussion, I sent the unit back to you. In the meantime, I purchased a second DME for $75 to keep the car running while we resolved the issue.

As you know, we had a disagreement as to the nature of the problem and the proper resolution. Unable to come to a successful compromise, you returned the DME & chip to me.

Since you claimed that it definitely was a defective DME, I ordered a third DME from Russell Roulette ($155), had it shipped directly to xxxxxxxx via DHL, and paid xxxxx a small amount to check the DME out. He verified the new DME worked and installed your chip/upgrade into it. At that point, I drove 3 hours to his shop, where he then installed the DME into my 944. It still does not function.

Logically, we can determine that the problem was not in the shipping, not in the two DMEs used and not in the workmanship by me or xxxxx. The problem is very much in the chip/upgrade itself or in your installation of the chipsets.

I contracted with you for a working chip set, upgrade and your labor to complete the upgrade. I paid you on a timely basis & you accepted the contract when you cashed the check. You have not held up your share of the agreement. You are contractually obligated to complete the transaction.

I personally feel that you owe me a new chip set/upgrade and reimbursement for the 2 extra DMAs I had to purchase. Short of that you should ship a new, tested, chip set & upgrade directly to xxxxx and refund me your labor charges while also reimbursing xxxxx for his time & labor.

To date I have spent over $700 and still have not achieved my objective. Had you been more reasonable earlier, and corrected the problem, you would have saved both of us time and money. I am still out a great deal of money, but at least I would finally have what I paid for and you are only out your labor charges. “
End of letter

I am tired of being made out to be a “problem” on this board, and you a saint. The only thing I have done wrong is announce your short comings honestly on the board after you refused to answer email, phone calls or letters concerning this. You are telling half-truths and lies to defend yourself & no addressing the issue directly.

You have refused every effort to rectify the situation… including telling xxxxxx that you have washed your hands of the situation. You have told me to “Go F*** myself” via email… claiming I was attempting to defraud you… even now, when you can logically see that the problem had nothing to do with the DME, you still refuse to recant. Even the Moderator/Mechanic has sent you email and spoken to you, agreeing with my viewpoint on the chip. You have your money, make that MY MONEY, and that is all you care about. Add to that your insulting comments... I am beside myself!

You have been a total "A** hole" throughout this entire period. All I have ever wanted was what I had ordered from you.

You should be ashamed of yourself....

Maybe you have some personal problems… I thought that being away from a couple of months would have allowed you to straighten them out.. it looks like I’m wrong.

Don't expect this just to go away, it won't. Be a man and contact me. You have my phone numbers & email.

Bart

Last edited by btsave; 04-05-2005 at 05:58 AM..
Old 04-05-2005, 05:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #1 (permalink)

Garage
04-05-2005 06:41 PM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by FR Wilk
Having a third party work on your DME will forfeit any warranty by anyone. It is now his probem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUYERS BEWARE! If you buy FR's PowerProom chip & install it you have no warrantee... So just buy it and look at it! His own words!

In terms of legality, when someone sells a product, there is the implied guarantee that it will work for the application it is intended for. There is ample civil law to cover that comment. Failure to meet that simple stipulation constitutes fraud. Selling the item out of state makes it a federal offense since it involves interstate shipping. That's why this guy likes to be paid with money orders only.. no paper trail.

None of us really know who we are dealing with here.. No one could find him when he was missing. Is he just a con-artist? Who knows!

again, BUYERS BEWARE!

Last edited by btsave; 04-05-2005 at 02:59 PM..
Old 04-05-2005, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #2 (permalink)

Garage
This really has no place on this BBS. I realize that you feel that you were wronged by FR Wilk, but this is really in poor taste.

File a complaint with the BBB. Continue to pursue him via phone and email. But don't drag your problem out onto a public forum that is designed for sharing tech info.

I don't know either one of you, nor have I ever purchased anything from FR Wilk. I am merely stating my opinion as a forum member that has been here a long time and is mindful of the rules of this forum.

Z-man, please delete or move this thread. Thanks.

My P-caronline Profile

"A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep water. "--
Sidney Goff
Old 04-05-2005, 04:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #3 (permalink)

Garage
I will respect that as long as FR agrees to contact me to discuss a resolution to this issue.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by btsave
I will respect that as long as FR agrees to contact me to discuss a resolution to this issue.

Respectfully,

That has no bearing on this issue.

You are wrong in doing this, no matter what the situation. This should not have been posted here in the first place.

My P-caronline Profile

"A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep water. "--
Sidney Goff

Last edited by tifosiman; 04-05-2005 at 05:10 PM..
Old 04-05-2005, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
i dont think it is wrong that he posted this, but i do believe he did it under the wrong forum. off-topic rumpus room in the place for it, plus itll get more attention there.

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #6 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
IMO it is ok to post stuff like this.

I was not too supportive of btsave before....... but regardless BT has a concern and FR should at least reply no matter who is right or wrong.
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 04-05-2005, 07:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #7 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Zero10
I have no problem with this thread.
If people have bad experiences, I would like to hear about it, and if people have good experiences, I would like to hear about them as well.

Nobody would bash a vendor reccomendation thread...

Buy my parts!
Old 04-05-2005, 08:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #8 (permalink)

zero and ae are 100% correct. I have my opinions on what should happen, but ill leave them to myself.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #9 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 1.2gees
I will let this thread stay, if any of the other moderators have a big problem with it, that's OK with me as well (as in you can lock it, delete it, move it, whatever) but I'm letting it stay.
Ahmet
Old 04-05-2005, 08:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #10 (permalink)

i agree. i would like to continue to observe this correspondense. we all visit and support this bulletin board, we all spend alot of money on our cars. let's support both sides and make our own judgements upon resolution (if any).
Old 04-06-2005, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #11 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
BUT it should be added that MANY of us have the PowerProm2, have installed it, have seen that it works well, and have received stellar customer support from Mr. Wilk. I DID hit a snag while installing my chip, and he replied immediately with help.
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 04-06-2005, 06:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #12 (permalink)

Garage
This forum is NOT a place to perpetuate such conflicts.

Thread closed.
-Z-man.

Visit my homepage!
<><
Old 04-06-2005, 06:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #13 (permalink)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: