Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to toolboy62 Send a message via Yahoo to toolboy62
944 update/sunroof repair

I haven't been by here in a while... mostly because my 944 has been hauling me back and forth to work every day with no issues whatsoever ever since the CV joint incident just before Xmas. Thought I'd post back and let you know that I fixed my sunroof the other day... I'd been warned when I bought the car that there were some stripped gears in the mechanism and I shouldn't try to open it until I was ready to fix it. Well the other day I was driving at about 70-75 MPH into a real stiff headwind (maybe 40 MPH) and suddenly I heard a *POP* - Whooooooooosh and I looked up and the driver's side latch on the sunroof had let go and the roof was flapping maybe an inch or so above the body of the car. Oops.

Well anyway I already had one of the gears so I just tore into it. It was WAY easier than I'd been led to believe by all the info on the web. I just found the spot at which the mechanism thinks the roof is latched and set the latch accordingly. then I went over to the other side and set that latch with the same number of teeth sticking out of the housing. That's it! Only problem is I've found that I need a new hinge for my wind deflector, and the gear I didn't replace is missing a couple teeth (working OK though) so those parts are on order.

I've already got caught in the rain once with the top off and it's only been fixed for five days :/

Also, general question, how long does it take for the low oil level light to "reset?" Whenever I go shopping and park the car in my driveway to unload it, the oil light stays on because it's a real steep slope, even if the oil level is really full. Additionally I seem to be getting a little leakage out of my front main even though all front engine seals were supposedly replaced with my timing belt some 15K ago, does this mean that next TB change I should get a new oil pump?

later

nate
Old 04-09-2005, 02:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to toolboy62 Send a message via Yahoo to toolboy62
oh yeah just because the 944 has been good to me does not mean that I haven't been working on cars. Maybe it's time for another "what's your other car" thread?

http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel/55coupe.html

nate
Old 04-09-2005, 03:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: