Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

My Car is speaking german!!

I noticed a strange noise coming from my car. At first it sounded like skatboarders skating in the distance. Then kinda like a snake or some animal was slithering through my engine. Almost like the noise you hear when a person blows into a telephone. I checked later and it sounded like a power drill going on and off. The left quarter panel vibrated a little every once in awhile. Its nothing super loud, but it scares me. Why is my car "talking". I bet its in german too cuz i cant understand it. The noise is occuring when the car is turned off, its just sitting in my driveway.

Old 09-30-2005, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

air leak in your coolant line?
open up your coolant bottle and see if the liquid is clean.... and look under the car for any leaks..

2008 Mini Cooper // '83 Porsche 944 // '01 Mazda Protege [sold] //
"Never break more than you fix!" - SoCal Driver
Old 09-30-2005, 06:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
ghost in the machine

Visit my homepage!
<><
Old 10-01-2005, 05:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Wheel bearing (Radlager)

AFJ

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 10-01-2005, 05:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Is the car a turbo? if so maybe the electric water pump that comes on after the car is turned off. Maybe its worn out and making more noise.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Its an 83'. You know when you go to the dentist for a clean and they polish your teeth with that tool. Thats the noise. Its intermittent, sometimes loud, sometimes soft, and it seems like the noise comes from different areas of the engine. Its intermittent. I was thinking my fuel pump is turning on and off? Cuz im having a problem starting my car up right away sometimes, and i attributed that to not getting enough fuel pressure.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

About my coolant...it used to leak and i'd always replace it with water every couple days or so. Then recently it has seemed to stop leaking. On the resevoir it always stays around the maximum line. It used to always leak and now it doesnt.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I figured the noise out.. Its my antenna. I guess its trying to go down. Its always been up. I guess im gonna try and take the fuse out for it but i dont know which one it is. Hopefully it wont drain my battery. I tried using some wd40 and pushing it down but it doesnt work. Anyone know what fuse the power antenna is on a porsche 944 1983?
Old 10-02-2005, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

you should of been nicer to grandma....

coastal cruzer
Old 10-03-2005, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

thanks....

Old 10-03-2005, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: