Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

ABS Quuestion

My '87 944S starts up with no warning light about ABS, but after the wheels have turned for about 100yards, the exclamation mark and the ABS warning light come on, I'm pretty sure that one or more of the wheel sensors is not reading correctly-- is there an easy way to measure them?( continuity, or do I have to measure them with a 'scope)
Thanks,
Jeff

Old 10-16-2005, 07:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Wheel speed sensor is failing. It's not a continuity problem, or it wouldn't likely pass bulb check (turn lights off after key-up). You either need to pull codes or try swapping sensors.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I pretty sure there will be a lot of rust and dirt on the sensors, going to try cleaning them first
Old 10-17-2005, 07:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

metal bits/filings seem to collect on these cuz of the magnet core...I agree, try cleaning

Early '85 944
Old 10-17-2005, 07:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: