Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to pearldrum
Paging Gene Alvarez

I tried sending a PM a couple of weeks ago and was unsure if you got it. I am in Murfreesboro at MTSU and saw that you were here too. What kind of 944 do you have? I may have seen you around town. Here is my baby:
http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/pearldrum944

Old 11-08-2005, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hi,
Glad to hear from you; not sure about the PM. The car is an 86 NA, actually belongs to my son Brian. It's a dark silver color with a dent in the right door that we're trying to find an economical way to fix. Brian drove the car to MTSU until he graduated a couple of years ago. He works here in town, so wave or honk if you see him or me.

You'll see me driving the burgundy/black Citroen 2CV- it tends to stand out in a crowd!
'88 CitroŽn 2CV
Old 11-08-2005, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Gene Alvarez
Hi,
Glad to hear from you; not sure about the PM. The car is an 86 NA, actually belongs to my son Brian. It's a dark silver color with a dent in the right door that we're trying to find an economical way to fix. Brian drove the car to MTSU until he graduated a couple of years ago. He works here in town, so wave or honk if you see him or me.

You'll see me driving the burgundy/black Citroen 2CV- it tends to stand out in a crowd!
Cool, I don't think I've seen it around. I will definitely wave though if I see it, and like always it will be in a panicked over-excited way. Citroen 2CV? Crazy, I don't think I've ever seen one in person. Do you know the actual name of the color? I have a friend in Louisville (Macfreak007, he's on here too) that parted a gray car recently and might still have the doors...
Old 11-08-2005, 08:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Here is a pic of the car right after it was totalled:
Old 11-08-2005, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

damn so many of these cars get smushed from the back..

2008 Mini Cooper // '83 Porsche 944 // '01 Mazda Protege [sold] //
"Never break more than you fix!" - SoCal Driver
Old 11-08-2005, 08:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Looks like the match is very close. The car was resprayed once upon a time, so it may not be exact but I'm told the color is called slate gray.

We already bought one door on ebay some time back. It's in great shape, though the gray turned out to be darker, which is not the end of the world. The big problem is that the inside structure of the door is different and the window motors, door lock mechanism, etc. don't mount the same. The seller claimed his door would fit an '86- not so! Best I can tell the door is pre-'85-1/2. By the way, it can go to whoever makes a reasonable offer, especially if they pick it up.

About your friend's door, if it really matches an '86 I would be interested to hear how much he wants. I am able to come to Louisville to pick it up.

These cars get hit in the back because the brakes are too good. Same thing happened with a Lotus Elan I used to have.
'88 CitroŽn 2CV
Old 11-09-2005, 08:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Good looking car, what is the red behind the wheels? The door is from an '84 so I doubt it would fit then...I didn't think the doors were ever changed...hmm
Old 11-09-2005, 08:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

PO (previous moron if you ask me) painted the calipers red, as well as some stuff under the hood. He also glued oak veneer all over the dash. Thankfully it's mostly peeled off; we were afraid to pull it off. Now to clean off the glue residue...

The mechanical horror stories are legion. Suffice it to say that we got it in pretty good shape now without spending a fortune.

'88 CitroŽn 2CV
Old 11-10-2005, 06:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: