Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

View Poll Results: Should we let alina back in
H*LL NO!, I cant stand her 42 75.00%
YES I like all her stupid post 6 10.71%
I dont care 8 14.29%
Voters: 56. This poll is closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

he\she\it has been banned again

thx Wayne!

AFJ

Ihr Brunnen der nutzlosen Porsche Information
Old 12-19-2005, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Certified Rennwerker

Send a message via MSN to 924Sman
ich liebe dich!
Old 12-19-2005, 06:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
There is no need for a poll.

Alina has violated forum rules on more than one occasion.

She is banned from Pelican. I can play this game of hers as long as she wants.

You don't tell the mod to f&*k himself and expect to be welcomed back with warm, loving hands. You also don't piss off most of the people on the board and expect them to offer helpful advise regarding 944's.

-Z-man.

Carpe Viam.

<><
Old 12-19-2005, 06:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Burn the fire.

Garage
All things that are big no-no's in a community.

Thanks Z for taking out the trash

Quote:
Originally posted by Z-man
There is no need for a poll.

Alina has violated forum rules on more than one occasion.

She is banned from Pelican. I can play this game of hers as long as she wants.

You don't tell the mod to f&*k himself and expect to be welcomed back with warm, loving hands. You also don't piss off most of the people on the board and expect them to offer helpful advise regarding 944's.

-Z-man.

"Drive it like you stole it."
Old 12-19-2005, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

But we didn't get to see her pictures
1987 944- parting out
1987 924S- sold to a friend
1986 944- Turbo Black on Black

want to trade parts?
want to buy parts?
I have a ton of parts
E-mail me por924sracer@aol.com
Old 12-19-2005, 02:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Cruella DeVille?
Old 12-19-2005, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

One apex at a time

Garage
Reading H/S/I posts makes my head hurt. Basically they detract from this sites immense knowledge base. H/S/I should troll CC.com and get a clue. The beat down H/S/I would get there would almost be worth paying to read. CC.com may take it to an extreme but this would never have come to a poll H/S/I would have been gone for good the first time.

General Car Specs & Mods
Project Megasquirt 924s
Old 12-19-2005, 08:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

cc.com?

alina WAS gone for good, but there are no security measures against a person using a new IP and Email address and signing up again... whatever forum you refer to would have the same problem.

2008 Mini Cooper // '83 Porsche 944 // '01 Mazda Protege [sold] //
"Never break more than you fix!" - SoCal Driver
Old 12-19-2005, 09:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Registered Lunatic

Garage
Yeah, I kinda agree with everyone on it. . . . . but we STILL don't have a picture!!!!!

I know. . . . dirty old man!!
Old 12-19-2005, 09:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

she did give us pictures of her "supposed" self.

Old 12-19-2005, 09:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Registered Lunatic

Garage
Where, Where?? gimme gimme gimme!!! LOL
Old 12-19-2005, 09:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

hey please an answer!!

Old 12-19-2005, 09:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)
Registered Lunatic

Garage
Which one. . . the one in the mask??????
Old 12-19-2005, 09:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

lol
supposedly, the cow girl.. and the one in the green dress is her.

Old 12-19-2005, 09:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
One apex at a time

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Eldorado
cc.com?

alina WAS gone for good, but there are no security measures against a person using a new IP and Email address and signing up again... whatever forum you refer to would have the same problem.
If they were gone for good then why this thread? No discussion end of story. Regarding CC.com they will usually beat some one down and embarrass them to the point that they will never show up again. I really don't condone this, it is a bit harsh but they give full warning in there new-be must read section.

You are correct regarding the IP. That is a problem that all boards have. A situation like this is one reason why the job of an admins is so tough. Having to chase things like this down would make me crazy. My hat is off to all admins.

General Car Specs & Mods
Project Megasquirt 924s
Old 12-20-2005, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Quote:
If they were gone for good then why this thread? No discussion end of story.
It's a different case with Alina... this person is joining the forum to be a troll - that is their goal. no matter what sort of "beat down" they receive, they'll keep coming back until she gets tired of finding internet cafe's and making false email addy's.

i cant imagine someone being "beat down" more than alina was.... we were pretty harsh to her.. lol

Old 12-20-2005, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Bans need to be permanent, she blew through plenty of red lights before she lost her license. I admire Z man for "staying the course". Most mods would cave in and assign some penalty point BS that accomplishes nothing. See ya Alina, now your BF can listen to you drone on and on, hope he's getting a few batches out for his trouble.

1998 Glacier White Boxster
1971 Fiat 124 Spyder
1999 Mercury Mountaineer
Old 12-20-2005, 10:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Ferrara_racing
Bans need to be permanent, she blew through plenty of red lights before she lost her license. I admire Z man for "staying the course". Most mods would cave in and assign some penalty point BS that accomplishes nothing. See ya Alina, now your BF can listen to you drone on and on, hope he's getting a few batches out for his trouble.
Thanks for the kind words.

One of the great tennis players of the late 70's was a fellow named Bjorn Borg. His patience and persistence was ruthless - he would play his baseline game until the guy on the other side of the net would cave. Often people would play against him and think, "Ok, he's a patient baseline player - I'll do the same thing - I'm willing to play like this until next Tuesday." The problem was that Mr. Borg had the mindset: "I'm willing to play like this until the Tuesday AFTER next Friday."

I'm willing to play this game as long as we prevail. Consider me the Bjorn Borg of moderators. As long as Alina continues to log in with different names and emails and IP's, I will be here ready to volley the ball back into her court. Until I win.

Game. Set. Match.
-Z-man.

Carpe Viam.

<><
Old 12-20-2005, 10:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

The irony is all she had to do was behave better. If the forum is so meaningful to her she is willing to find new puters to log in on why didn't she use better judgment?

1998 Glacier White Boxster
1971 Fiat 124 Spyder
1999 Mercury Mountaineer
Old 12-20-2005, 11:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
Registered Lunatic

Garage
Quote:
Ferrara_racing said:
The irony is all she had to do was behave better. If the forum is so meaningful to her she is willing to find new puters to log in on why didn't she use better judgment?
Ya know, there are just some personality types out there that like to flame. She might not have came onto this board with the specific intentions of being a troll. But circumstances can just bring the nasty out in one.

I personally have this particular local board that has a room that's pretty wide open. If your faint of heart it's certainly not the place to go. It's fun, when I want to totally flame someone I go there. (thing is though that the people there know to expect it, as do I)

Quote:
Z said:
One of the great tennis players of the late 70's was a fellow named Bjorn Borg
I remember this person. We used to have a local driver who was exactly the same way. He never concerned himself with trying to lead every lap, just in being consistent and dominating the leaders RVM. It always paid off for him.

I totally agree that it's the same attitude that one should take. Now, I know I'm relatively new here and that opinions are like bumholes, . . .everyone has one of their own and most of them stink, . . . but this is what bothers me:

Quote:
i cant imagine someone being "beat down" more than alina was.... we were pretty harsh to her.. lol
Now, I'm not trying to single out a particular person her. In fact, the person that said that is someone I hold in high regard here.

But I've seen the nastiness that was presented, not just from this 'troll' but from some of the members who have history here back to her/him whatever. Now, if I had no life I would go back through the threads and pull many instances like:

Quote:
Maybe you should have saved your money and bought hooked on phonics...
I wouldn't react to kindly to this. Now the owner of that statement might have been just as light-hearted as could be in attempts at humor. . . or he could have intentionally desired to be smug. . . . I don't know, but just the same.

Like I said, I've seen several of these.

I guess all I want to say, and it will be the last 2 cents that I put in, is that we should all judge ourselves accordingly. If we don't like getting flamed, then don't fan the fire. Maybe in this case it could be 'don't feed the troll' - - - but then I don't know. . . Was she??? or was she just young and impetuous????

Last edited by d.a.autry; 12-20-2005 at 11:33 AM..
Old 12-20-2005, 11:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: