Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Tapage Send a message via AIM to Tapage Send a message via Yahoo to Tapage
Huge Clutch problem ..

Hi all folks ..

This is the 3rd time with this issue, all times new, disk, pressure plate, flywheel, push rod bearing and fork ..

all times my local Porsche master pay for it .. but isn't a money issue .. we have a problem and not yet a solution.

OK this is issue, 3 times my 951 do the same thing .

3 times very similar .. the first time we have a splines axle issue related .. and put a new axle, and disk.

2nd time, we thought bad conbination of pressure plate and disk, new ones with bearing, and fork, flywheel OK .. this time I have maybe 1 month with thickness ( I can put a reverse, need to shut off the Porsche, then reverse and start again .. ) problems but using the car was solved ..

3rd time ( last week ) brOKe again ..

We thought have a bad alignment in the drive train .. dis misalignment make a lateral force over the push rod bearing, damaging it and off course brOKen the clutch disk..

opinions .. ?

All pars come from vertex brand new Satch
Old 12-30-2005, 07:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
This may sounds extremely dumb......but you do have a pilot bearing installed.........

I am trying to think how you can generate that much lateral force on that poor little disc.
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 12-30-2005, 08:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Pilot bearing and/or drive shaft (torque tube) bearing.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 12-30-2005, 10:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Tapage Send a message via AIM to Tapage Send a message via Yahoo to Tapage
My car had a crash maybe 1 year ago .. all drive train move backward maybe 2 inch. All measurements apears fine .. but I'm still thinking that I have a missalignment problem in the car that put some lateral force in the axle, or axle housing ..

right now I'm sad and very confused about that ..
Old 12-30-2005, 12:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
2 inches??? Yikes!!! Things are bent for sure.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 12-30-2005, 12:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Well .. I'm order new axles tube, my porsche master order the clutch again .. and the Porsche is for sale at this weekend ..

too much for me ..
Old 01-03-2006, 05:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Rmills944 Send a message via Yahoo to Rmills944
Sounds like that one is a bit too bent up unless you are taking the drivetrain for another car.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Right now we are in the process.

Changing axle housing and axle, bellhousing, again disc, push rod bearing, pilot bearing, the same thanny ( I hope that the tranny isn't the problem ... )

I thought this friday go out to do some test before selling it ..
Old 01-04-2006, 04:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: