Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

FR Wilk PowerPROM installation mishap

My vehicle is a 1983 944 NA. While installing the FR Wilk powerProm dual adapter in my DME, I broke the outer casing of C704 exposing the internal component. This capacitor resides on the digital board between IC's S701 and S702. Does anyone know the value of this capacitor or where this information can be found? I am unable to locate DME schematics or component values on the web. I cannot contact FR presently, he is unavailable during the holidays. I posted a similar request on Rennlist.

Walt
Old 12-30-2005, 01:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to bryanthompson Send a message via AIM to bryanthompson Send a message via Yahoo to bryanthompson
If there are codes on the capacator, and there should be some on the top or bottom of it, then you can go to www.mouser.com and look for a replacement. You might have to unsolder the capacitor from the board to get the codes, if they're on the bottom.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks Bryan, however when the casing shattered nothing legible remained. The cap may still be functional if the casing was not a hermetic seal. The component within is intact therefore resealing with silicon sealant may be an option but I am unable to determine the purpose of the original enclosure. It appears similar to Bakelite. I will continue my research and appreciate all input.

Walt
Old 12-30-2005, 03:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Can you post a picture of the chip and its location. I too am interested in diagnosing and replacing faulty DME components.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

3sonfather. I will attempt photographs later today and post. I have a photographer friend who may have the equipment to photograph minute articles. Have you previously opened a DME? My experience is with the 1983 product.

Walt
Old 12-31-2005, 04:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: