Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to fast924S
Thank you god

OK guys. Like one of the other post, BE VERY CAREFULL DRIVING. The winter time is very dangerous. Snow,ice rain, BLACK ICE. Tonight I was driving home from a night of fun, My friend (who lives like a house down from me) was just getting in his drive way, and LIKE a DICK I decided to floor the gas in my 2000 Toyota TAcoma v6 4X4. Everything went well until like 500ft after his apartment when I hit BLACK ICE, I started to slide to the left, corrected, then to the right, I let off the gas and was still correcting from left to right, Then I was unable to correct it straight and smashed into a rock retaining wall DAm that hit hard, I tired to back out and all it did was throw mud all over, So I put it in 4 wheel dirve and was able to get out and back to my home. I insepcted the Damage, Both fog lights are smasked, The front bumper is NO good (mounting points smashed) ALingment is FUBAR, But other than that its ok no leaks and no serious body damage. Thank GOd for TOYOTAS skid PLATE it took most of the damage. I was stupid, My fisrt crash in 7 years of driving and Im sooo mad. But at least Im ok, So just thought I would share, Flame away or do what ever.

PS at leats it wasnt a P-car
Old 01-05-2006, 09:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I hit a 15 lb dog today with the 944. I couldn't care less if it had damaged my car (it didn't), but I feel worst about how it belonged to an elderly woman. It was white, so it blended in with the snow until it charged my car from the side. I wasn't speeding. After I slammed on my brakes and got out, a leg was twitching. I think he suffered.

I'm not a super softy animal lover, but I am a dog lover. You hate to kill an innocent dog, since it's likely loved and appreciated by someone. If it was a racoon or wild animal, I might have felt a little bad, but ultimately shrugged it off.

The only "Thank God" I have is that it wasn't a child.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: